• Maybe I am wrong here, but isn't the forum about b's and their care?
    If someone is saying they are putting their dog in harms way, BY what they have posted, then I think we should be able to point that out.

Are we all perfect? Nope, but do hope we get the dogs the vetting they need when things go awfully wrong.

renaultf1, I agree we should give folks the compassion they deserve…but really, did you forget this basenji girl was such a basket case she killed her pups..
    Its awful. myself, I think it was not necessary. I would be very interested to hear from the professional breeders how often this type of thing happens.
    I do know it happens in puppymills...but in family homes? I would like to know if this is something to expect with birthing basenji pups.

My thinking, and you all are quick to correct me if I am wrong,
    the ones who were in charge failed the bitch and these dead pups.
    I only hope we can all learn from this and breeding is something that should be researched, not done because you don't take care of intact animals.

• Please respect our forum rules and keep it civil. Heated discussions are fine, but lets not use this thread to launch personal attacks at each other, otherwise it will have to be closed.

• @sharronhurlbut:

I would be very interested to hear from the professional breeders how often this type of thing happens.
    I do know it happens in puppymills…but in family homes? I would like to know if this is something to expect with birthing basenji pups.

Sharron brings up a good point, but I will go ahead and ask my question in the breeder section where it may better belong. 🙂

http://www.basenjiforums.com/showthread.php?t=4616

• @Robin_n_Jack:

Geez-

Reading both this thread and the other thread on this topic makes me honestly want to leave this site entirely.

I know tempers run hot, and everyone is very impassioned, but could you take a deep breath and put yourself in his shoes? He has obviously had a hard time of it….I know the pup did, too, but honestly, is antagonizing him like that really going to do any good?

But, by all means, keep telling him what he should have done. I'm sure that is very useful at this stage of the game.

While you are at it, why don't you let us know when you make a mistake, do something wrong, make the wrong decision, and we can all throw stones at you?

Jason, this is what I said. It wasn't personal either, but you seem to have taken it so.

Below certainly was personal, since it quoted an earlier message from me. and I do not appreciate it.

@ComicDom1:

Your comments certainly make me wonder where your priorities are. Do you care about what happened to the animals? Were you disturbed or outraged at the situation? If so then where is your post in regard to that?

Usually this is what happens when there is lots of drama created. From my experience Drama is usually created by people who thrive on the attention from others. When Drama like what happened here occurs, it causes people like me who care about animals to start getting curious as to what is really going on. Then people like me start looking further into the situation in an attempt to find the truth.

In my opinion, saying that these two posts want to make you leave the site is your attempt to create more drama. Apparently you are not disturbed by what happened, and only care whether or not the posts were antagonistic. This makes me wonder what value you put on the care of your dog or any other animals life. Or maybe if it just not about you or your dog, it just does not matter!

I think if I was out of line, I would have been called on it by the moderator and by a host of others who post. Since that did not happen,then maybe that is a good indication of whether the posts were antagonistic or not!

Do not ever pretend to think you know anything about me or the way I value the care of my dog by the small amount I have posted on this site.

• @renaultf1:

This is a public forum. People have a right to post their opinions without being told they don't care about their own pets or neglect/abuse because they don't agree with you or behave like you.

Regarding your quote above…I have one more option...to respond and say what I think...you're not the only one with a voice here. Last time I checked, you aren't any sort of authority around this place.

Oh, and don't assume for one minute that you know all there is to know about someone, their life, etc., by the small snippets they post on this forum.
    I wonder if your own life would hold up to the same scrutiny that you seem to put others thru...?

That's all I have left to say on this thread.

You are just helping make my case at your own expense. You are exactly right, you have the right to respond and say what you think yet you are in disagreement with me doing the same.

Sounds like you are pretty angry and that makes we wonder what the real issue is. You are certainly welcome to Quote me word for word and point out where you think I said your or anyone else does not care about their pet or pets. I would rather you Quote me word for word than attempting to change the context or intent of my message.

As far as authority and reality are concerned, this is the internet which was designed as a communication tool and not a place.

Certainly there are people with authority on the base at Fort Hood that would be interested in the health, welfare, and safety of the animals involved in this situation. Portho's is very lucky that no one has chosen to take the steps necessary to contact the base commander.

The only thing I have claimed it the right to post my opinion, the right to include some facts that support my opinion. It appears that you believe in that right so what is your beef?

Since I chose to investigate further based on what was presented, I really did not have to assume that Portho's had lied to members in this forum. This means that I had more information than you.

While I know its repetitious to ask, where is your post or comments in regard to the neglect and abuse of the dogs involved and the two dead puppies?

You are more than welcome to ask anything about my life you wish to know. I will be happy to answer. Let me help you get started.

I am 51 years old. I hold a Master's degree in Education and I am a certified teacher. I got my education the hard way by working and serving my country. I grew up on the South West Side of Chicago during the Race Riots where people from street gangs were shooting one another. I took a GED and went into the military to serve my country during Nam. I have been divorced. I received sole custody of my children from that marriage when they were 6 and 8. Those children have both completed high school and one of them is almost done with his first two years of college. When I was growing up in Chicago my parents were raising Dobermans. I have had several dogs of different breeds over the years including two different rescues. None of my dogs were ever turned over to the Shelter or Pound as we used to call it. I have never given up a dog because I was moving or the dog had some kind of behavior problem.

I have owned homes in Alabama, Tennessee, and Illinois. I currently own my home.

I love photographing wildlife and I have been published locally many times.

I still get called to photograph events for the local community.

I sail and I am part of the local sailing club as well as part of the national MC Scow organization.

I am the founder of the MC Scow Fleet at our lake.

I am a member of the Masonic lodge, as my father was, and his father before him.

I have a very diverse background that includes both mechanical and electrical abilities as well as other attributes.

I have trouble spelling but then I have Miranda or spell check to look over my shoulder.

I build and fix computers for myself and friends.

I have been to China, Israel, all over Europe, and all over the United States including Alaska but not Hawaii. I have photographed in most places I have visited.

I did not come from a financially wealthy family.

I play the trumpet, the baritone, and a very little bit of piano

Since I am a certified teacher I am a mandated reporter when it comes reporting the abuse of children.

I believe that Animals should not be abused and people should step up and protect them when necessary.

I believe that all people and animals are entitled to proper medical care especially when life threatening and denying them of that right constitutes abuse.

It is a fact, that there are dogs and other animals that are abused or neglected by their owners.

I have street education as well as a formal one. I understand well that sometimes otherwise intelligent people who have been formally educated lack the common sense to put their intelligence to use.

I really like Sharron's Quote in regard to Stupid on Toast.

I understand why Tanza has so much passion in regard to Fanconi and Health testing of Basenji's. I admit that I misunderstood her intentions when I first joined this chat board but with Tanza's and other's help, I was really able to understand the value in what she was advocating and see the bigger picture.

I believe that no rescue organization is perfect, but there is good that can outweigh the bad.

Let me know if there is anything else you would like to know.

Jason

• @Robin_n_Jack:

Jason, this is what I said. It wasn't personal either, but you seem to have taken it so.

Below certainly was personal, since it quoted an earlier message from me. and I do not appreciate it.

Do not ever pretend to think you know anything about me or the way I value the care of my dog by the small amount I have posted on this site.

Your own words are pretty clear. I still do not see you posting in outrage in regard to how the animals were treated. Instead of suggesting that we should put ourselves in his shoes, maybe it would be better to put ourselves in the dead puppies or the mothers shoes.

Your only complaint appears to be in regard to how the message was delivered. Welcome to reality. Different people have different styles of communication and you are not going to be happy with all of them. The focus of these two threads was about the health, welfare, safety, and proper care of the dogs in question. I hope you are happy now that you have succeeded in changing that focus.

The only things I know about you and your values are what you personally reflect in the posts you make in this forum.

Jason

• Comic Don - Aren't you special. Geez, get over yourself.

I've been on the forum briefly and I've read enough, too.
    Way too much bickering and know-it-alls for me.

• @Vicki:

Comic Don - Aren't you special. Geez, get over yourself.

I've been on the forum briefly and I've read enough, too.
    Way too much bickering and know-it-alls for me.

Vicki, its ComicDom not Comic Don. Thats ok Vicki I understand why you have a issue with me. As I said in another post there are always three sides to every story. Your side, their side, and the truth.

At least I am willing to put my life up for examination and scrutiny. You certainly welcome to do the same.

Jason

• May I remind everyone that by participating in this forum you agreed to follow our code of conduct.

Forum Rules:
    http://www.basenjiforums.com/showthread.php?t=374

This is a forum for the discussion of Basenjis, not a dueling society. If you feel attacked, please report it to admin@basenjiforums.com and then ignore the poster. Remember, however much you were provoked, if you attack a poster personally then you are just as guilty of breaking the rules.

It might feel that you need to vent your frustrations on the forum about a member or another person, however this is not a place to do it. If you can't find a respectful way to express your difference of opinion, then you're better off saying nothing at all. Don't talk down to other posters, lecture them or be rude and dismissive.

This is on official warning to those who engage in the activities described above. If you want to continue practicing this type of behavior we are kindly going to ask you not to post anymore and find another place to spend your time.

• yikes…....

Suggested Topics