Nothing like a good old fashioned Spanish match ! Never fails.
wizard last edited by
I saw this on another listserv (lure coursing group) –I don't know who originally coined it but thought you all would enjoy it...
Ten Commandments of Pets.
1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you is
likely to be painful
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.
4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as Punishment.
You have your work, your friends, your Entertainment, but I have only you.
5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand
your voice when speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.
7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt
you,and yet, I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself
if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right
food, I might have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be
getting old or weak.
9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.
10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me. Please. Never say
you can't bear to watch. Don't Make me face this alone. Everything is
easier for me if you are there, because I love you so. ALWAYS!
Well, I am going to print them and put them on one of my walls to remind me to keep cool and loving when Anubie does something really annoying! Thanks for sharing these commandments.
Rivermoon last edited by
Those are good…and it doesn't take much to make me misty eyed...#10 did it!
Yea those are great…and now I have to try not to cry at work. Thank you for posting those.