• Lenny (intact) won't stop humping Tayda (spayed)!!!!!! He's never done this before today! He is 2 years old and has never humped Tayda ever until today. In fact, Tayda sometimes humps him (which is hilarious, by the way). Poor little Tayda, he won't leave her alone. He just spent about 5 minutes chewing on her ears and nibbling on her leg.

I guess its that time of the year!? Does Tayda give off pharamones even though she's spayed?

• Someone in your neighborhood may be in heat, and Tayda is reaping the "benefit". If it bothers her too much, she may teach him that humping=pain!

Anne in Tampa

• Someone in your neighborhood may be in heat, and Tayda is reaping the "benefit". If it bothers her too much, she may teach him that humping=pain!

Anne in Tampa

• Wow, sorry, don't know how that happened! Hope this response doesn't repeat that way.
    Anne

• Also, if there is a change that Tayda might have a bladder or urinary infection, even a little, males will mistake that as being in season… and also that is correct, if there is a bitch in the area, he may be picking up on it... you would be amazed how far away they can be and in-tact males will pick up the scent. This is NOT typically Basenji breeding season, that is the Fall

• We did go to the dog park on tuesday and Lenny did seem particularly wound up that day. Maybe there was a female around that was in heat. I suppose they shouldn't have been at the dog park if that was the case, but who knows. I know there was at least one other intact male there at the same time we were there. Surprisingly, they did not mess with each other.

Poor little Tayda - always has to watch her back! Literally! ha ha.

Suggested Topics