Skip to content

Zpuppy goes her first agility seminar . . .

Basenji Training

Suggested Topics

  • Agility Course Question

    Basenji Training
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    3k Views
    P
    Well, that was a bust, turns out the course wasn't fully enclosed alone, too many other dogs to even pay attention. She did have a blast with all the other happy dogs! So it was still a fun outing!
  • Agility results

    Basenji Training
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    4k Views
    krunzerK
    Congrats for you guys!!!
  • First time Basenji Training

    Basenji Training
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    3k Views
    AJs HumanA
    I saw a thread in Books (I think) called Basenji Owner's Manual that some of the members are saying is pretty good. Keep in mind that Lilu is part Shepherd too. She may end up with some behavioral traits of that breed as well. Surf the puppy sections too…lots of great information there.:)
  • Ask To Pet First…

    Basenji Training
    19
    0 Votes
    19 Posts
    12k Views
    wizardW
    I've run into similar situations with the kids in the neighborhood. When they saw me walking my previous beastie, they would come running. I always told the kids to stop and let my dog smell their hand so he could tell if they were good or bad ("oh I'm a good girl" :)) and the kids surprisingly obeyed. Now when they see me with EL D they remember and do the right thing. And sometimes I hear them telling their sibling or friend "let EL D smell you first".
  • Agility Birthday Party

    Basenji Training
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    8k Views
    nala121498N
    Sounds like it was fun! Happy belated "Birthday"!
  • Loved agility class

    Basenji Training
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    7k Views
    MiaM
    I was thiking of getting my pup into agility since she loves to run like the wind, maybe lure coursing too. How old would be the perfect age?