• Might be the ONLY way for some of us to see more than one at a time!!! Wonder why I hear people say they know someone with Basenjis here in Knoxville, but yet you NEVER see them.?.? 😕

• @Duke:

I am curious if anyone knows … In Africa how many B's is or was in a normal size pack?

I found this, very interesting indeed Jill.

http://www.basenjicompanions.org/articles/zaire.html

Basenjis were everywhere. In an average native village of about 120 people, there would be about 50 Basenjis roaming loose on the farms of the village. An average farming/hunting family might have 8 to 12 Basenjis living with them in a small pack. Ann said there were never any serious fights. There was a fair amount of jostling and jockeying for rank, which was carried out by growling and stiff-legged dominance displays. A good deal of shoving and body-slamming occurred, but they mostly seemed to settle in to their places within the pack, which was usually headed by a strong, alpha male.

Ann speculated that the lack of fighting may have been because they were all loose and were not crowding each other. Occasionally, a minor scrap would break out over food, with the tidbit usually being grabbed by a third Basenji who was not in the fray. Males mated with many females; there was no paired mating behavior.

Suggested Topics