• I received an e-mail from Mike Swan with BRAT regarding an upcoming event in Chattanooga. He is seeking volunteers to man a table for BRAT at Chattanooga's Paws in the Park. The event is scheduled for October 13, 2007.

I have committed to making the trip to help out. They need volunteers to hand out literature, sign up new volunteers, introduce the public to some of the BRAT dogs and hopefully find some of them new homes!!

Here's the details for Paws in the Park:

"Paws in the Park (October 13th): The Humane Educational Society will hold the 6th annual Paws in the Park at Coolidge Park. This event is a wonderful opportunity to bring your dog to Coolidge Park and walk for the animals. This past year almost 1,000 individuals attended with their four legged friends and $40,000.00 was raised to help animals in our community. Next year the event will be bigger than ever."

Here is an article about last year's event:

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_93329.asp

IF ANYONE is close to Chattanooga and wants to HELP out, please let me know! I can provide you with Mike Swan's e-mail address (if you don't already have it) as he will be sending more details as they become available. ALSO, if anyone is in the Knoxville/East TN area and wants to car pool that is an option too!

• Hey Jen
    I would be willing to help out. Send me the email address for Mike and I'll contact him. Also, I would definitely be able to carpool if you want.

• Hi Jennifer…I may be able to help...it all depends on the time frame and Danny's nurses...I finally have some nursing help after 8 1/2 months...it feels good...please send me Mike's emaiol address...I had it but I can't seem to find it. Thanks, Terry

Suggested Topics