Skip to content

Home Alone

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • basenji leaving alone?

    Basenji Talk
    17
    0 Votes
    17 Posts
    7k Views
    ZandeZ
    As I have said before, I work on the principle that I am bigger than they are and it is MY house. Make a tremendous song and dance about unimportant misdeamours and pretend to ignore the serious infringements. Then when the pack wants to punish me they do something which they know will get them the most attention - screaming and tears from me. But a bored Basenji will tend to destruction if there is nothing else to do. It needs plenty to hold its interest. Toys, bones, a companion.
  • Home Alone *basenji style*

    Basenji Talk
    16
    0 Votes
    16 Posts
    10k Views
    krunzerK
    I ended up getting some Bitter Apple spray and that has so far deterred them from trying to eat it again. Now if I could only get a jug of it for when I try to load the dishwasher…...
  • Happy to be back home

    Basenji Talk
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    BasenjimammaB
    I am glad to hear that his UTI is gone. It might be good for dogs to be left for a few days and then come and pick them up, just like it is good for kids. It teaches young kids that mom, dad or whomever has not 'dumped" you, they will come back. I wonder if dogs would see that connection? Good news that he howled, I have yet to hear Otis, although he does have his own language going on when I vacuum clean.LOL.
  • Zoni's Home

    Basenji Talk
    35
    0 Votes
    35 Posts
    22k Views
    wrx227wrcW
    I love reading you guys' puppy days of our lives. Its great :) We will have read tons of pointers by the time we get number two home.
  • Home alone story

    Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    3k Views
    wizardW
    Well she wasn't so good yesterdy - she chewed on the arms of the chair in the living room. I was going to buy a new one anyway but I think I'll wait until she shows me she can be good everyday.
  • Yeah!!! Jack Is Home!!!

    Basenji Talk
    19
    0 Votes
    19 Posts
    8k Views
    J
    So glad to hear that all is well. Congratulations on having Jack back!