Skip to content

basenjis housebreaking bea rafiki and dixie basenjis

Basenji Training

Suggested Topics

  • What is YOUR Basenji like?

    Basenji Training
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    10k Views
    Buddys PalB
    so I just got back to this forum and began reading through some threads, what was issheforme final decision for getting a basenji?
  • Housebreaking during the winter

    Basenji Training
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    6k Views
    U
    @mattlick12 and others in the New York City area: consider joining the New York City Basenji Meetup. We hold monthly (good weather) gatherings at dog runs throughout Manhattan. We had some nice new additions last year and hope to have some in 2014 as well. See us online at: http://www.meetup.com/basenji-nyc/
  • New to Basenjis

    Basenji Training
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    4k Views
    BasenjimammaB
    Welcome to all of you. So exciting with a new pup.. Look through the puppy threads and also the training threads..lots of info to read.. Where in TX are you, I am in Houston, if you are close, it would be fun to meet up..
  • Geriatric Basenji

    Basenji Training
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    6k Views
    MacPackM
    The cold probably made her stiffer than usual, so a small misstep might cause a fall. Glucosamine kept my old girl going for several years, good luck with your oldie.
  • Housebreaking Tip

    Basenji Training
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    M
    I use bells with my B. He learned to use them in like 2 days. Since then, I've only had "accidents" when I ignore him b/c I'm busy. Sometimes he rings them just to go out to play, but other times he rings them when he REALLY has to pee. The best thing is, they are portable so when I go visiting with him he always knows how to tell me he has to pee.
  • Basenji Hiking?

    Basenji Training
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    17k Views
    nobarkusN
    I've hiked off leash at numerous areas here in the SF Bay area. They love it! Any there was only 1 area that was a problem with ticks. To me after 30 years hiking with them it's the best way to establish a great relationship with them. There's no two ways about it, Basenjis love hiking adventures.