Skip to content

Hello members

Member Introductions
  • Hello, I am Aileen and I'm just beginning a life with my basenji pup Arlo. He is a beautiful 4 mo. old red. I'm glad to have the opportunity to connect with other basenji families as they are a very rare breed here. I am looking for all and any training tips I can get. Thank you for welcoming a new "mom" on your forum.

  • Welcome Aileen and congratulations on your pup. Please post some pictures! :)

Suggested Topics

  • Hello! New Member

    Member Introductions
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    11k Views
    eeeefarmE
    @DebraDownSouth said in Hello! New Member: If your dog is getting too thin, give more in maybe 10 to 15 percent increases. Getting fat? Cut back 10 to 15 percent til you hit ideal, then add a little to maintain. " The eye of the master maketh the horse" applies to dogs just as well. With practice, you notice quickly if your animal is gaining or losing, and what his/her ideal weight looks like.....
  • Hello members – my introduction

    Member Introductions
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    9k Views
    No one has replied
  • Hello

    Member Introductions
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    7k Views
    dashD
    @WriggleysMom: We've always had rescues and I feel like I've missed out on puppy antics, so I'm debating. Toby doesn't baroo or wag his tail and I really miss being met at the door with a welcome baroo and a tail trying to wag itself off!! I had a puppy and was getting the urge for another but now we have a 7-mo old foster and I can't take my eyes off her. I remembered I really did not miss that!
  • Hello from New Member

    Member Introductions
    15
    0 Votes
    15 Posts
    7k Views
    hdolbowH
    i love me some puppies :D welcome to the forum!!
  • Hello

    Member Introductions
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    6k Views
    raye_hicksR
    Dave hello, I also am new to this site. I had my frist Basenji for sixteen years and lost her last year. I could only go for about a month before getting my next Basenji. I really love this breed I have two now. Good luck in your search for your next Basenji.
  • Hello

    Member Introductions
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    4k Views
    J
    Hello and welcome to the forum. Can't wait to see pics of Dash, and the rest of the family!!! I do home visits for BRAT. Would love to foster one, but space will not allow it at this time.