• Hey there you guys. I have a planned litter for next summer. But, I need a waiting list. If you know anyone, or you yourself want a Basenji puppy next year can you please contact me 🙂

I won't breed Kiya unless I have at least 4 prospective puppy buyers that I know will be good homes.

Thanks for any help!

• I have been searching for a Basenji for about a year now! I am in South Florida and can not find a local breeder to respond.

Please say you are local to me!

Sheri

• What is your Kiya pedigree?
    Which stud are you going to use, what is his pedigree?
    Puppies coat color expected?
    Caracter of the dam and sire?
    Health?

• All information pertaining to my girl and our litter plans, health etc is on my website which is listed in my profile. 🙂

• Hello,
    Well I was just wondering how much you would charge for one of the puppys. I'm only 13 but i have a basenji mix named Tipper. She is so sweet and gets along well with other dogs but since she is still young and playful she needs a companion. She is not exacaly a puppy but shes not yet an adult. My parents said that its ok for me to get a nother dog, and that i can pick any breed I want and so I really want a basenji, but they said that I have to come up with the money to pay for it and sience I'm a kid i dont have very much. I'm willing to pay though because I realy want to get a nother dog.

Thanks so much,
    Cheyenne & Tipper

• And here is a repost of the beginning of my thread so to bring it back to it's subject:

Hey there you guys. I have a planned litter for next summer. But, I need a waiting list. If you know anyone, or you yourself want a Basenji puppy next year can you please contact me

I won't breed Kiya unless I have at least 4 prospective puppy buyers that I know will be good homes.

Thanks for any help!

• Hi there! 🙂 I was 16 when I got my fist B and worked my butt of to save the money up for her. So I feel for you!
    Have you thought about trying petfinder.com? You may be able to find a B on there to rescue, and it would be eaiser to save the rescue fee than a puppy fee.
    Good luck in your search!

• So, from your website it looks like you live in Germany?
    And you're hoping to find a buyer in the US?
    Or am I missing something?

By the way, Jazzy also came into heat in the Spring last year and this.
    Last year she also had a season in the Fall, and I am hoping that will not be the case this year. LOL I would like her to "choose" just one time of year.

• No, I am not in Germany any longer. On my main page, with my contact information it says that I live in Colorado. Even so, this forum I would certainly hope is not only for Americans. You all would be missing out on a lot of very friendly Basenji folk in Europe!

• Yes, I caught that you had moved after I posted that.

And no, I did not imply that the list was only for Americans,
    but most of the responses to your request were from people here. It just seemed like a jump {$$$} to go all the way to Germany for a pup when there are so many quality ones available here!

• very true…

I'm hoping people will think my dogs are quality. All I care about is health and tempermant first! Looks is definately a third concern, but I'm not saying it isn't important as well.

I have two mentors helping me out...they have both been in the breed for over 30yrs.

• Your name: Danielle Johnston-Torrey

Your city, state: Aurora, CO

Your phone number: *e-mail for phone number

Your email address: haus_annandael@yahoo.com

Weight of Basenji(s) parents: 23lbs and I'm not sure about the male as of this time…assuming 25lbs

Parents health tests:
    Kiya: Thyroid-Clear Eyes-Normal
    Marty: Thryoid-Clear
    (we are still having tests done..as the breeding won't take place until May/June 07)

Registration if any (AKC, Basenji Clubs, etc):
    PJ's Kenset Back to the Future AKC: HP091121/01 USA
    White Wind Anpu's Lil Secret AKC: HP082496/03 USA

Price: Still under consideration

Age when puppies will be ready to be taken home: 10-12wks (depending on where the puppy is to live. 10wks for Europe, 12 for US)

Do you ship your Basenjis: Yes at buyers cost...would rather owner come to get pup.

• AHHHH my Basenji's name is Queen Kiya how cute ~

• I currently have 2 people on my waiting list now. If anyone else is interested please contact me. I will not breed my girl until I have a list with 6 people.

🙂

• I am searching for a male red/white Basenji. I want to make sure the puppy is sweet. Has a good health. Has no defects. I was also wondering how much a male would be. Can I buy on at 8 weeks old? I am 16 and would love to share my home with another male Basenji. I dont know when I can get on here next though…but ill try.
    Take care
    Whitney (AkA Twiddles)

• All right, first thing…I'm not letting my pups out of the house until they are at least 10wks old. Second, I would have to talk to your parents first to see if you are allowed a puppy. You can PM me with your phone number after you have talked with your mom/dad. 🙂

• @annandael:

I currently have 2 people on my waiting list now. If anyone else is interested please contact me. I will not breed my girl until I have a list with 6 people.

🙂

Six seems like a lot of people for a waiting list? Maybe not…but if your bitch only has four pups, you will most likely keep one, and the stud owner may want one...then you will have to let four people down?

Not trying to criticize...I never really thought about how many should be required for a waiting list. I think I would be really content with three of four on a list...but that's just me 🙂

• I agree that six is quite a lot. Like Andrea, I think 3 is a nice number. With this litter I had to tell someone that I would not have a puppy for them. I helped them to find other breeders but it is still difficult. Since I breed infrequently, only a litter every 2-3 years waiting until the next litter is not realistic. How many puppies did Kiya's mom have? That is not always the best indication but it can give some.

• I had a friend that bred a litter in Germany. She only had a few people on her list. Her bitch had 7 puppies! Not only that, but some backed out because they wanted red males and most of the reds were females. They would not consider a black. I want to think of worst case scenario.

I also know for a fact that the stud owner doesn't want a puppy she only wants a fee.

I have planned for this breeding since Kiya was 6 months old. I wanted to have a healthy line to breed with Kiya's. I only care for health, temperament and the standard.

I know you guys are trying to help…but I don't want to have to worry about homes for my lil guys if Kiya does have a large litter. I also have friends that are part of my waiting list that will be more than happy to wait two years. Therefor, those who contact me will have priority. I'd like to keep a female...but a female that I would want to keep is not guaranteed.

I also believe that Kiya's mother had 5 pups her last litter.

• I have found that people tend to get worried and start looking elsewhere if they know there is a long waiting list. They know there is no garuntee there is going to be a puppy for them so they start to shop around and get on lots of lists. That only leads to a higher number of homes "falling thru" because 1 person may be on 2 or more breeders lists just to "be safe". I am just putting this out there as something else to consider.
    Also, though I get inquiries year round, I tend to get more during the fall and the majority come after the litter is bred or born though by then my pups have been spoken for. Many people just don't think about getting on waiting lists long before the litter is bred.
    Another thing is that the breeders here in Northern California are pretty good about giving referrals to one another and passing on puppy people if they do not have one available. It may be different in other areas but that can be very helpful.
    So though I want to have 3 people on my waiting list, I have not been too concerned about not being able to find homes if people do back out. In fact, with my last litter I did have a home back out when the pups were 5 weeks old. It all worked out in the end though.

Suggested Topics