Skip to content

Basenji sitter in NYC

Basenji Talk
  • I am looking for someone to stay with my 2 Basenji's in my apartment while I am traveling September 7th thru 14th.
    We live uptown Manhattan, just below the Cloisters, and my boys are 10 + 11.5 years, very friendly and easy to be with.
    They need 3 walks a day (around the amazing Fort Tryon Park, across the street for our house), can be left during daytime
    for 8-9-ish hours, eat once a day at night and need no medication. We live one block from the A-train for easy access to downtown.

  • Hi: I too am looking for a sitter in the NYC/New Jersey area – if you found someone, would you be willing to share that info? Thanks!

Suggested Topics

  • Basenji

    Basenji Talk
    4
    -1 Votes
    4 Posts
    10k Views
    D
    Where I am it costs about $2K+ for a dog from a breeder for just about any breed. Goldens may be less because the litters are so large. That may seem like a lot, but, as Debra mentions, dogs cost money to care for. After vet bills and boarding fees and food, it matters little what the dog cost to acquire. Leaving true puppy mills out of the discussion, given the costs of being a responsible breeder -- testing, vet bills, feeding -- and how much work breeding is, I can't imagine anyone doing it for the money. That leads to two problems for people looking for dogs. One is that since breeding isn't really lucrative, there aren't a ton of breeders, which means the supply of pups is low. Second is that most Basenji breeders want to place their pups in the best possible homes -- remember they aren't doing it for the money -- which means they're looking for people who have had Basenjis before. Something of a Catch-22.
  • Basenji Sitter needed - College Station, TX

    Basenji Talk
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    5k Views
    No one has replied
  • Is this a Basenji??

    Basenji Talk
    20
    0 Votes
    20 Posts
    18k Views
    G
    My Basenji Billy is quite undershot; he's a purebred, his bottom jaw just didn't stop growing when it was supposed to. That's okay, I'm a bit of a sucker for a dog with an underbite anyway.:) He was my first rescue Basenji.
  • Is she a basenji

    Basenji Talk
    23
    0 Votes
    23 Posts
    22k Views
    W
    lol usually when you breed a bigger dog to a smaller dog the Male is the tiny one. Its just dangerous to do it the other way around. As far as DNA breed testing I would go for it if I could. But i am just interested in those kinds of tests. We offer them at our clinic but i haven't ever seen results for them.
  • Broomfield, CO Basenji Sitter Needed

    Basenji Talk
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    4k Views
    bcraigB
    I doubt it would work but we are about 4 hours away in Snowmass and would consider it if there is any way you could make the trip here. We are from Michigan and are planning a trip to Detroit in October and are working on figuring out a dog sitter for that trip. We have a one-year female. It would be great to trade-out but I think are we are probably too far away from each other.
  • Basenji sitter/kennel recommendations in Edmonton Alberta?

    Basenji Talk
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    3k Views
    K
    I take Blaze to the second home pet resort just north of Leduc. Even though he's eaten several leashes, blankets, jackets, and caused general mayhem, they take amazing care of him, and always smile when we come in. They follow his medical needs and keep me updated. I get the medium kennel, which is indoor and outdoor, and they let Blaze play with the big dogs, which he prefers…