Skip to content

Anyone have trouble not being able to sleep if the dogs aren't in bed with you?

Basenji Talk
  • I am so used to having my Basenji Khalani and my Minpin Kosana in bed with me. Kosana curled up next to my stomach, Khalani curled up behind my knees. It's like a dog sandwich with me, the meat, in the middle. I am unable to move, I usually wake up sore and stiff because I can't turn over but I wouldn't have it any other way. In fact I can't sleep if they aren't there.
    Anyone else have this problem?

  • It takes me a while to fall asleeep anyways, if I'm not in my bed. I call myself the meat in the basenji sandwich! We all have our assigned places in the bed.

  • HAHA I have a different situation, my husband usually HOGS the bed and steals all my space and tries to share my pillow with me! I love it when my basenji sleeps in bed with us, because my husband stays in his spot! Is that silly?

Suggested Topics

  • I have ''issues'' with my basenji, can you help ?

    Basenji Talk
    33
    0 Votes
    33 Posts
    28k Views
    YodelMaY
    Ladybasenji, where are you in Quebec? Montreal? We have a place in Gatineau (Aylmer sector) and one of my dogs might even be related to yours. You're experiences with your girl remind me so much of my first basenji, about 20 years ago–it gets easier, I swear! Let me know if you'd like help with Lady--they're nothing like labs and will never be "obedient" but there are tricks for training them : D
  • Which dog bed did you buy?

    Basenji Talk
    29
    0 Votes
    29 Posts
    20k Views
    S
    They are pretty tough beds, Kai does the whole "nesting thing" with it and it's held up just fine, the material is strong :)
  • Butu's Bed…

    Basenji Talk
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    Q
    Do let me know how you get on…they do look lovely!
  • Sorry AT&T the dog….

    Basenji Talk
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    7k Views
    AJs HumanA
    That never worked for me…either in school or with the bill collector.
  • New Dog Bed

    Basenji Talk
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    3k Views
    AmberedA
    hahaha jazzy is a bed hog! she looks sooooo peaceful. they have a great knack for finding the softest place to lay.
  • Anyone's B able to Open a door?

    Basenji Talk
    20
    0 Votes
    20 Posts
    14k Views
    B
    Our boy can open drawers levers and all sorts of stuff, damn boys… All the bad habits come from the boys warped lil mind...our girl is so good...what a little trouble maker he is