• Hi, I'm Sam. My wife and I adopted Ian from the Norfolk, Virginia SCPA about 3 months ago. He was transferred from Baton Rouge where he was slated to be euthanized. We can't imagine that fate for this sweet, adorable puppy. Ian is, we think, a Basenji mix. Mixed with what we don't know. He is 8 1/2 months old now (he's a Christmas baby, or pretty close to being one). Ian is easy going, very friendly, and is extremely curious (about everything!). He easily passed a 6-week Puppy Training course. He is trainable, but becomes distracted easily when things are happening around him. The folks at the SCPA thought he was perhaps a pure Basenji, the barkless dog, since he never made a sound while he was there. However, he has found his voice. Even though he's quiet most of the time, he does bark, growl, and howl at times. The SCPA folks listed Ian as a "Hound Mix", which we're certain he is, but not 100% Basenji. Ian has very distinctive, equal markings on both sides, except for a white right front paw. He is constantly trying to dominate us in various ways, so we have to be on our toes all the time. Everyone who meets Ian falls in love with this happy, handsome boy.
    attachment_t_14006_0_ian_1a.jpg

Suggested Topics