• I keep you updated by our pictures!

Saturday we made a long walk at a big nature park and the B's loved it!
    Sunday we visit some friends of us with Enya and she loved it 😃

Saturday:

Chaffie

Enya

Buana

Bu and Chaffie

All three of them

Chaffie is waiting for us

Ryan

Reunning

Practising with Enya!!

Basenji's and water?!?!?!.

Fishing

Buana

Ryan

Sunday

Enya and Bijoux

Bijoux

Ryan has a new girlie friend 😃

I like you…

Kas, Ryan and Enya

If he knew he was hunted, he would have run faster!!!

Cookie?

Bijoux is coming…

Enya is prepairing for the hunt

Enya start her hunt

TOO LATE!

Together

The sweeties

When we got home.. the boys totally checked her out 😃

• What a fun weekend 🙂

• Kim, every time I see there is a new post from you I'm so happy. 🙂 Your wonderful photos of your family always make me smile. First off, what in the world are you feeding Ryan? It seems like only a short while ago you were sharing baby pictures of him with us. What a handsome and gentle little man he is. You both must be so proud of him. I am especially enjoying the pictures of him with the basenjis/dogs. You have obviously taught him well about respecting animals. This, in turn, has made them love him. 🙂

What a GREAT area for basenji walks. Nothing to concern you about them getting injured - it looks very safe, other than that 'evil' water. 🙂 That stick must have been very special, worth going into the water for, but I notice once retrieved, it was "I'm getting out of here and going back to dry land"! I also love the picture of Chaffie waiting for you. I wonder if this is a 'basenji thing', as Kipawa turns around and waits for me as well when we are on our walks. Well, we only have 2 legs, right? Our basenjis have 4. So that is the simple reason they wait for us!

Enya looks like she has blended in so well with the family. She must be learning lots from her basenji family members. She is stacking very nicely. Do you plan on showing her? Once again, thanks for the photo update.

• Love it when you post pictures of your lovely family! Just noticed for the first time that the white above Buana's collar sort of looks like a dog bone treat - at least to me. Cool. Not necessarily a believer of the idea B's don't like water - mine go in very happily to play with other dogs already in the water at dog beaches, and in the dog parks, I've noticed Shaye always takes time to run through the dog pools - maybe just to cool her feet, but, if she didn't like water she wouldn't do it.

• @Kipawa:

Kim, every time I see there is a new post from you I'm so happy. 🙂 Your wonderful photos of your family always make me smile. First off, what in the world are you feeding Ryan? It seems like only a short while ago you were sharing baby pictures of him with us. What a handsome and gentle little man he is. You both must be so proud of him. I am especially enjoying the pictures of him with the basenjis/dogs. You have obviously taught him well about respecting animals. This, in turn, has made them love him. 🙂

What a GREAT area for basenji walks. Nothing to concern you about them getting injured - it looks very safe, other than that 'evil' water. 🙂 That stick must have been very special, worth going into the water for, but I notice once retrieved, it was "I'm getting out of here and going back to dry land"! I also love the picture of Chaffie waiting for you. I wonder if this is a 'basenji thing', as Kipawa turns around and waits for me as well when we are on our walks. Well, we only have 2 legs, right? Our basenjis have 4. So that is the simple reason they wait for us!

Enya looks like she has blended in so well with the family. She must be learning lots from her basenji family members. She is stacking very nicely. Do you plan on showing her? Once again, thanks for the photo update.

Thank you so much 🙂 I am so busy lately and so little on this forum but I keep reading a little bit and try to keep updated on facebook.
    We are busy with another schip and that need a lot of time!
    Hopefully I can show you all some pictures of a new home soon 😃

Ryan is growing too fast, he is sitting next to me on a "fake" computer doing exactly what I am doing haha
    We are feeding him a little kibble from the doggies… haha it's a joke of course!
    It's a very smart boy, animals are his life and I really like it to see him enjoying nature and animals.
    With parents living for nature and animals he could not be very differend but you never know.
    When we are walking in the city and people want to pet Enya or the boys they sometimes do that on a wrong way (hand on top of the head etc) Ryan tells them "NO" and show them how it is correct. Let them smell your hand, then wait for them to come closer and then pet them on the side of their head or their chest 🙂 He is only two..
    I can say this over and over again but we are just living for animals and our family contains more animals than humans so every human needs to learn the language of animals at our home. The only thing we learned was respect, don't hurt them, they don't hurt you.. Don't yell at them, don't get in their basket or crate, they won't sleep in you bed. etc etc.
    Ryan developed the understanding of their body language (both dog, cats and wildlife) himselfe and he is using that.
    He knows exactly when Enya has a puppy play biting mood and he won't play with her but only talk to her so she calms down before he hugs her. Of course we always keep an eye on them. 🙂

We are planning on showing Enya, we entered her for Dogshow Goes, 21 april!
    Baby class, to see if she likes it to go to a show (if she doesn't we won't show her, she must be having fun as well!)
    I am very curious what they think of her, she is very pretty but she is "different" than most Dutch Basenji's.
    She is very original, with her afican mother 🙂

@Shaye's:

Love it when you post pictures of your lovely family! Just noticed for the first time that the white above Buana's collar sort of looks like a dog bone treat - at least to me. Cool. Not necessarily a believer of the idea B's don't like water - mine go in very happily to play with other dogs already in the water at dog beaches, and in the dog parks, I've noticed Shaye always takes time to run through the dog pools - maybe just to cool her feet, but, if she didn't like water she wouldn't do it.

Great! only our Chaffie likes to play in the water and to hunt the waves when a ship is passing by 😃
    Buana normally NEVER goes into the water and I my mouth was falling on the ground when he looked at me and thought "Mommie I AM GOING TO GET THE STICK"!

• @Kipawa:

Kim, every time I see there is a new post from you I'm so happy. 🙂 Your wonderful photos of your family always make me smile. First off, what in the world are you feeding Ryan? It seems like only a short while ago you were sharing baby pictures of him with us. What a handsome and gentle little man he is. You both must be so proud of him. I am especially enjoying the pictures of him with the basenjis/dogs. You have obviously taught him well about respecting animals. This, in turn, has made them love him. 🙂

Thank you so much 🙂 I am so busy lately and so little on this forum but I keep reading a little bit and try to keep updated on facebook.
    We are busy with another schip and that need a lot of time!
    Hopefully I can show you all some pictures of a new home soon 😃

Ryan is growing too fast, he is sitting next to me on a "fake" computer doing exactly what I am doing haha
    We are feeding him a little kibble from the doggies… haha it's a joke of course!
    It's a very smart boy, animals are his life and I really like it to see him enjoying nature and animals.
    With parents living for nature and animals he could not be very differend but you never know.
    When we are walking in the city and people want to pet Enya or the boys they sometimes do that on a wrong way (hand on top of the head etc) Ryan tells them "NO" and show them how it is correct. Let them smell your hand, then wait for them to come closer and then pet them on the side of their head or their chest 🙂 He is only two..
    I can say this over and over again but we are just living for animals and our family contains more animals than humans so every human needs to learn the language of animals at our home. The only thing we learned was respect, don't hurt them, they don't hurt you.. Don't yell at them, don't get in their basket or crate, they won't sleep in you bed. etc etc.
    Ryan developed the understanding of their body language (both dog, cats and wildlife) himselfe and he is using that.
    He knows exactly when Enya has a puppy play biting mood and he won't play with her but only talk to her so she calms down before he hugs her. Of course we always keep an eye on them. 🙂

We are planning on showing Enya, we entered her for Dogshow Goes, 21 april!
    Baby class, to see if she likes it to go to a show (if she doesn't we won't show her, she must be having fun as well!)
    I am very curious what they think of her, she is very pretty but she is "different" than most Dutch Basenji's.
    She is very original, with her afican mother 🙂

@Shaye's:

Love it when you post pictures of your lovely family! Just noticed for the first time that the white above Buana's collar sort of looks like a dog bone treat - at least to me. Cool. Not necessarily a believer of the idea B's don't like water - mine go in very happily to play with other dogs already in the water at dog beaches, and in the dog parks, I've noticed Shaye always takes time to run through the dog pools - maybe just to cool her feet, but, if she didn't like water she wouldn't do it.

Great! only our Chaffie likes to play in the water and to hunt the waves when a ship is passing by 😃
    Buana normally NEVER goes into the water and I my mouth was falling on the ground when he looked at me and thought "Mommie I AM GOING TO GET THE STICK"!

Suggested Topics