Found this and Im getting it for my car lol

• http://www.signs-up.com/product.asp?cl=6&ct=184 People are always flaunting their "I Have an Honor Student" ect stickers lol. THIS is way better! I understand people are proud of their kids and I am proud of my nephew who is an Honor Student as well. I just found this funny since Basenji's if they were human would probably be honor students in school.

• As the mother of an honor student, I always find all of those (and there are 100 variations) insulting. Most honor students work HARD to be one and I never see the reason to take a crack at them. It isn't humor, it is mean-spirited to me. It insults parents for being PROUD of their children and it insults their kids.

And for the record, I never put the honor student sticker on my car because I feel there are many students who can barely make C's who are working their butts off and I don't see the reason for a public sticker that doesn't acknowledge any student that works to their best ability. But I sure don't like a sticker demeaning my child's efforts and if that is over-sensitive, so be it. Just thought you might at least consider that not everyone finds it funny in the slightest.

• @DebraDownSouth:

As the mother of an honor student, I always find all of those (and there are 100 variations) insulting. Most honor students work HARD to be one and I never see the reason to take a crack at them. It isn't humor, it is mean-spirited to me. It insults parents for being PROUD of their children and it insults their kids.

And for the record, I never put the honor student sticker on my car because I feel there are many students who can barely make C's who are working their butts off and I don't see the reason for a public sticker that doesn't acknowledge any student that works to their best ability. But I sure don't like a sticker demeaning my child's efforts and if that is over-sensitive, so be it. Just thought you might at least consider that not everyone finds it funny in the slightest.

Very well said, Debra. Every child does something unique, intelligent and special.

• Sorry if it offended everyone but I thought it was funny. Since we all know how smart Bs are.

• Kudos to all honor students, but I imagine most would see that bumper sticker as humorous and not intended to be serious or insulting.
    If more people could make the choice to see humor rather than insult, when there is a choice, there might be a little less anger in the world.
    But then, I am always a 'glass half full' person and make the conscious choice to lean toward humor, if I have the opportunity. And to shrug off real insults, whenever possible. My husband is the opposite, so I guess we just cancel each other out,, 'energy'-wise!

• Perceptions vary. I thought it cute and humourous, but then I would never put a serious sign on my car. Bragging isn't attractive, IMHO, and invites ridicule. And no, Basenjis would not be honour students if they went to school. They would be the drop outs that started their own off the wall company and made a million bucks! 🙂

Suggested Topics