• Hello, I am the proud owner of my first basenji. She is 10 weeks old and her name is Zoey.

I am using the crate training method to house break her. I have successfully used it in the past with other breeds of dogs and understand how it works. My problem is my family.

I work nights, 7pm to 7am three nights/week. Zoey has only had one accident in the house while I've been home, however, she's had a few while I'm at work because neither my children or my husband watch her nearly as closely as I do. I don't have any carpet in my house so I'm not really worried about her ruining anything. I'm just worried that everytime they don't catch her it's a huge set back in her training.

I feel like the hours I'm at work are totally out of my controll. How much of a set back do you think each accident is?

• Hi and welcome. Who did you get your little girl from? Many of us are related by our Basenjis.

And LOL, seem you are between a rock and a hard place… If she gets it right 75% of the time, you will be OK, especially once she is old enough to hold her bladder. Just impress on the family it is important... and keep on with what you are doing.... sounds to me like she has a good start and she should do just fine....

• Thank you. I think we are doing a bit better than 75% so hopefully it wont take forever to train her. I guess when someone asks where I got her they mean the "kennel" name? I'm really new at this, sorry. I guess the correct reply is SunDiata Basenjis.

• @Lisa67:

Thank you. I think we are doing a bit better than 75% so hopefully it wont take forever to train her. I guess when someone asks where I got her they mean the "kennel" name? I'm really new at this, sorry. I guess the correct reply is SunDiata Basenjis.

Kennel name or breeder name…. and I know Chris and her Basenjis. Congrats and again welcome

Suggested Topics