Skip to content

Diet for urinary tract stones - anyone else?

Basenji Health Issues & Questions
  • I had my guy, Ziggy, checked out by his vet for chronic diarrhea problems, and when his urine was tested, we discovered that there were crystals in his urine (precursors to bladder or kidney stones). She recommended feeding him Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Canine Urinary SO Dry Dog Food, and he's been on it for about a week. The diarrhea problem is completely gone (yay!) - and I'm also finding that he's drinking a lot of water and peeing a lot.

    Anyone else feeding their B Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Canine Urinary SO? If so, have you noticed a change in the output of urine?

Suggested Topics

  • Johnny's stones

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    3k Views
    nomrbddgsN
    Pat, I will email it to you separately. Apparently, it just wants to save is as a picture and when I reduce it, it goes all blurry. If anyone else would like it, email me to shadow_brat2004@yahoo.ca This is just on more thing on my list of why not to stop strip testing.
  • 0 Votes
    5 Posts
    4k Views
    SunnyS
    I first took her to my regular vet she sent me to a certified ophth. vet. for a second opinion… my regular vet thought it was a ulcer which was what sandie was treated for the first time in Aug. She goes back for a recheck on the 31st .... i went on amazon.com and found the ointment i was given for nightly .. and orderd a 6 pack of it. also bought her a pink pair of Doggles which she isnt very fond of but like any thing else new to her she will get used to it ...
  • Malu's Diet and Potty Schedule

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    4k Views
    V
    @Kipawa: Kipawa doesn't seem to need lots of water either. It is there for him to drink, however, to make the night go more smoothly, I remove the water bowl around 8 p.m. He is just over 5 months now, and I can now just get up at 5:30 a.m. to let him pee. That is 6.5 hours of not needing to pee while everyone sleeps. I actually leave water in his crate overnight, because I was worried about him not drinking enough. He doesn't really use it and at 10 weeks, he is still sleeping through the night. I guess I just hope this continues.
  • Test Strips anyone?

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    8k Views
    ZenGrrrlZ
    Tayda, if you have free test strips to give away, I'll gladly take them! You can write to me off-forum at ZenGrrrl@aol.com. Thanks! Lori
  • Blackening ears anyone?

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    20
    0 Votes
    20 Posts
    23k Views
    S
    My 2 year has black crusty ears, hair loss, swollen joints, Along with other things, since the age of 8 weeks,she has been to 3 Specialist, she has Lupus, one Vet called her a lemon. Now on a low protein diet. I would say could be allergys.
  • Anal glands -vs- diet

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    16
    0 Votes
    16 Posts
    9k Views
    luzmery928L
    oh no they only have it for walks. You kiding me they hate having them on even for a second more. I just don't like when they choke on the collar. I know it's not good that they are not leash trained but unfortunantly I take them out fot their walks for excercise and even then I'm rushing in the am beofre work so I really don't have the time to train them. Although when we do walk and they pull to hard and do pull them back and make them wait for a few seconds and continue the walk.