• I took a close look at myself in the mirror today after showering and realized how many gray hairs seem to be popping out on me lately. :eek: As I thought about it more, I realized that it really shouldn't come as a surprise living with my beastly basenji, Stormie! :rolleyes: Stormie sat and watched me inspect each strand of hair and here's his take on it (from his Dogster diary): πŸ™‚ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜ƒ

So what's wrong with a little gray?!
    by: Stormie Basenji
    Really? I mean the hooMom makes SUCH a big deal out of a few gray hairs - and she's always saying that us pets add to them on a daily basis - me especially. I think that's an insult to me, to be honest! I mean what's the problem with spilling a full to the rim cup of hot coffee all over the computer desk that holds a bunch of papers, the cell phone, the digital camera, and all the computer components? I don't see that it's a huge issue that I pounce the cats mercilessly when they scamper across the room while they're playing. I don't think it's THAT big of a deal if I steal food off the counters or shred a whole box of Puffs tissues. And really - what's so wrong with a few toppled trash cans between family? HUMPH! This hooMom of mine needs to grow some thicker skin or invest in some hair color - her whining is really starting to cramp my style!

-Stormie - not a gray hair on me! πŸ™‚ πŸ†’ πŸ˜ƒ

• πŸ˜ƒ LOL - great story. I am convinced it is Stormie's fault too! πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ

• Haha Duke! πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ Maybe I should buy stock in Clairol hair coloring (hot stock tip of the day! grin! πŸ˜‰ ) - I don't think my boy's gonna stop being devilish anytime soon! πŸ˜‰ πŸ™‚ πŸ˜ƒ

• I got over the gray hair thing long ago!:D πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ I can tell you how I got every one of them too! KIDS!:D πŸ˜ƒ

• I "thank" my six kids for my gray hairs too – esp. that oldest one; oy! -- might as well blame the dogs too.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with my AGE!!!

• Great story!! πŸ™‚ My poor husband got a few grey ones this weekend…he was left alone with the kids while I was at a work conference. I came back home with a list of bad behavior 😞 😞

spilled cup full of fruit punch juice all over counter which resulted in pink bills, calendars, coupons, & sticky counter top UUUGH :eek:

stolen bagel from the counter making poor dad think he ate when he didn't until he caught Topaz red-handed :eek: in her crate eating it under her blanket!!

The furballs of course claimed INNOCENCE πŸ˜‰

• Keep those stories coming Stormie!! Love 'em…I was laughing so hard I was crying!!
    Kids = gray hair? Let me give you an example: Last Thursday I went alpine skiing for the first time in over 20 years. I'm on the chair lift with my 7 year old daughter (her 3rd season skiing) and we're watching the riders and skiers in the freestyle area (jumps, rails, etc.) and she said, "I want to go on those jumps Mommy"! AHHHHHH! All I heard was, POP,POP,POP - all the gray hairs popping up on my head -- and she hasn't even done them yet!!
    I think Nala contributes more to raising my blood pressure!

• I got over the gray hair thing long ago! I can tell you how I got every one of them too! KIDS!

Which ones BB - the furless ones or the four legged variety!? πŸ˜‰ πŸ™‚ πŸ˜ƒ

I'm sure it has nothing to do with my AGE!!!

LOL! I think the exact same way - it's NOT MY FAULT I'm going gray, darn it! πŸ™‚

My poor husband got a few grey ones this weekend…he was left alone with the kids while I was at a work conference. I came back home with a list of bad behavior

spilled cup full of fruit punch juice all over counter which resulted in pink bills, calendars, coupons, & sticky counter top UUUGH

stolen bagel from the counter making poor dad think he ate when he didn't until he caught Topaz red-handed in her crate eating it under her blanket!!

The furballs of course claimed INNOCENCE

ROFL!!! Was it full moon or just a bad week-end to be a basenji owner? πŸ˜‰ πŸ™‚

AHHHHHH! All I heard was, POP,POP,POP - all the gray hairs popping up on my head – and she hasn't even done them yet!!
    I think Nala contributes more to raising my blood pressure!

Oh Nala!! I can't imagine how gray I'd be with 2 leggers and four leggers around! I'd be a completely gray baseket case w/ out of this world blood pressure! πŸ˜‰ πŸ™‚

I did however, exact some revenge on Stormie however innocently enough. Another Stormie diary entry on his woeful experience w/ static electricity:

SNAP! CRACKLE! POP!
    by: Stormie Basenji

Oh this static electricity stuff is for the birds!
    My woobie blanket is my foe right now!
    Everytime I move under it or the hooMom covers me with it - ZAP!!!!!
    I get shocked!
    DOG GONE IT!
    I get this look in my eye that says "Oh woe is me, poor, poor little Stormie - shocked by his woobie blanket!" And I give hooMom the pitiful eyes, like "How on Earth could you let this torture persist?"
    She just giggles and pats my noggin and says, "It's going to be a long winter at this rate!"

sigh

Is it Spring yet?

-Stormie - undergoing shock treatments against my will!

• hehe, hey grey is the new sexy, lol

Suggested Topics