Skip to content

Basenji-Savvy Trainers in NYC??

Basenji Training
  • I'm looking for recommendations regarding trainers in Brooklyn/Manhattan who are Basenji-savvy… I just adopted a 2-year old who is sweet & outgoing, but hasn't learned basic obedience and is a major-league puller on leash. No major issues, just the usual Basenji stuff - very independent, selective hearing, wants to chase everything moving or not...

  • Sorry can't help with a trainer but welcome to the forum.

Suggested Topics

  • Basenji 5K?

    Basenji Training
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    5k Views
    senjisillyS
    AS DonC says,"the question of whether they WANT to...". I had one that after about a mile would lay down on his side and refuse to move. More than once did I have to carry that pain the butt Basenji, on my shoulders native style, home.
  • What is YOUR Basenji like?

    Basenji Training
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    10k Views
    Buddys PalB
    so I just got back to this forum and began reading through some threads, what was issheforme final decision for getting a basenji?
  • Help with my Basenji

    Basenji Training
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    2k Views
    No one has replied
  • Basenji trainer needed in nyc (union sqaure)

    Basenji Training
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    2k Views
    No one has replied
  • Geriatric Basenji

    Basenji Training
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    6k Views
    MacPackM
    The cold probably made her stiffer than usual, so a small misstep might cause a fall. Glucosamine kept my old girl going for several years, good luck with your oldie.
  • Basenji Hiking?

    Basenji Training
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    17k Views
    nobarkusN
    I've hiked off leash at numerous areas here in the SF Bay area. They love it! Any there was only 1 area that was a problem with ticks. To me after 30 years hiking with them it's the best way to establish a great relationship with them. There's no two ways about it, Basenjis love hiking adventures.