• Has anyone ever seen an allergic reaction to this type of glucosamine? Just trying to figure out what might have triggered an itchy spot on Noel…

• Maybe because the Glucosamine supplements are derived from shellfish shells. That may be an allergic reaction. Just guessing here.

• Yep, that's what I'm afraid of… (I wasn't expecting my dog to be as allergic as I am!) I've seen a couple canine vegan glucosamine formulas described on line and may have to go that route. Are allergies such as this common in Basenjis?

• @Ann:

Yep, that's what I'm afraid of… (I wasn't expecting my dog to be as allergic as I am!) I've seen a couple canine vegan glucosamine formulas described on line and may have to go that route. Are allergies such as this common in Basenjis?

Allergies can be pretty common in all dogs, not just Basenjis. We find it can run in different bloodlines however….

Have you talked to your breeder about Allergies?

• @tanza:

Allergies can be pretty common in all dogs, not just Basenjis. We find it can run in different bloodlines however….

Have you talked to your breeder about Allergies?

Noel's a rescue dog, so no breeder input.

• This is for Noel's bad leg I take it. I have an almost full bottle of Chondro-Flex II. It's a very high quality formula I was giving my older blk/wht Basesnji,Nika before she died in April. Ann if you want I will mail you the bottle for free.
    http://www.vitalityvet.com/HTMLPRODUCTS/chondro2.html

• @nobarkus:

This is for Noel's bad leg I take it. I have an almost full bottle of Chondro-Flex II. It's a very high quality formula I was giving my older blk/wht Basesnji,Nika before she died in April. Ann if you want I will mail you the bottle for free.
    http://www.vitalityvet.com/HTMLPRODUCTS/chondro2.html

That's generous of you Dan. I'm on my way out the door - will have to get back to you later! 🙂

• Thanks for the offer, Dan. I don't want to put you out with the mailing, but thanks for your generosity. Sorry to hear about Nika, but glad to learn about the product. I checked the Chondro-Flex site and can see it's good stuff.

At this point, we've put Noel's supplements on hold until she's completely itch free, then we'll reintroduce and try to pinpoint what might have been the trigger. I'm sure shellfish-free is the way to go. (I think my husband already ordered some online, both the canine and human formulas. We're in the same boat with Noel!)

• @Ann:

Thanks for the offer, Dan. I don't want to put you out with the mailing, but thanks for your generosity. Sorry to hear about Nika, but glad to learn about the product. I checked the Chondro-Flex site and can see it's good stuff.

At this point, we've put Noel's supplements on hold until she's completely itch free, then we'll reintroduce and try to pinpoint what might have been the trigger. I'm sure shellfish-free is the way to go. (I think my husband already ordered some online, both the canine and human formulas. We're in the same boat with Noel!)

It's no problem at all Ann. It's a waste just sitting in my cabinet.

Suggested Topics