Skip to content

Test strips

Basenji Health Issues & Questions

Suggested Topics

  • Test Results

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    26
    0 Votes
    26 Posts
    22k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    Kathy, I sure didn't mean to indicate it isn't a godsend or fantastic! Of course it is. I just meant… well as the Arabs say, Trust in G-d but tie your camel. Get the testing, use it to help guide breeding, retest if necessary, but keep doing the strip test. It's an easy if annoying process that protects your dog against testing errors or human errors.
  • PH testing

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    thunderbird8588T
    Fingers crossed for Buddy :)
  • When to test?

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    tanzaT
    @AC~Akeyla: I was wondering when we should have our 1 year old B's checked for Fanconi? For some reason I thought they had to be a certain age. And what is the best way to go about getting them tested? And you are most likely thinking of the urine test strips, which was the only way to detect Fanconi before the DNA Test that is now widely used. Since Fanconi is a late onset, usually it was recommended that Basenjis be strip test with urine test strips beginning no later then age 3 (and tested once a month, every month). If you have a Basenji that DNA tests for Affected, then you still will need to start testing them monthly no later then age 3.
  • 0 Votes
    11 Posts
    5k Views
    etzbsederE
    OK, so apparently the new user CP with messages cant be used to give out an email, so I will try again another way. Maybe Alex will be able to get my emails, he's had quite a few problems with my emails in the past. and I don't want another infraction. On a side note, what is the point of being able to talk with all sorts of people online if you can't talk to them outside of a forum?
  • Test strip question for fanconi..

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    5k Views
    wizardW
    Okay thanks for clearing that up for me - I'll pass on the info.
  • Strip test positive for my boy!!

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    69
    0 Votes
    69 Posts
    47k Views
    tewwi22T
    @MacPack: I am so glad he is doing well! If he is easy to give the shots to, that is huge! And caught early, with good control, maybe, like humans, he won't have too many complications. That said, my old diabetic dog went blind and you would not have ever noticed, she just slowly adapted. I am really so happy for you that Anzi is doing so well. Anne in Tampa it is so HUGE - he was NOT at first and it was a battle and you would have thought i belonged in a loony bin!!! but he's awesome now!!! so far no cataracts - eye specialist says just ever so slight of one but that he woould be surprised if a diabetic dog didn't have ANY - so = so far so good!!! i bring him to the eye specialist about every 3 or 4 months now but his eyes look clear and he sees the tiniest of spots on the floor that he thinks is food so i know he is seeing fine!!!