• Remember once a month for life. Strip test your Basenjis beginning at age 2 and do it more then just one day a month. 3 to 4 days in a row is better.

OR

Have your Basenji DNA tested
    information at www.basenjihealth.org

• Pat,
    I just sent you an email.
    I need some info sent to me so I can send it on for the B that is in the shelter in MI. The guy is very open to learning more and has never heard of fanconi–so he now wants info and the strips (that I offered to send to make sure he tested him). He sounds like a great person taking the time to research up on this.
    thanks

• @ChristyRutherford:

Pat,
    I just sent you an email.
    I need some info sent to me so I can send it on for the B that is in the shelter in MI. The guy is very open to learning more and has never heard of fanconi–so he now wants info and the strips (that I offered to send to make sure he tested him). He sounds like a great person taking the time to research up on this.
    thanks

I did send you an email, but it is good to repeat here, I think. The protocol for treatment of Fanconi, information about Fanconi, information about strip testing can be found both at www.basenji.org and www.basenjihealth.org

• Does this mean that someone already adopted him??? I hope so! 🙂

• No they haven't, but the person I emailed at the shelter was very nice and open to getting some more info on fanconi and Bs in general.
    I let him know to pass on the info once he is adopted too.
    *he may pop in here, I let him know we were talking about his Banjo 🙂

• Oh I see, hopefully he finds a home soon! At least he is in no danger then, of being put down for space or anything? If so, thats good at least…

• @tanza:

I did send you an email, but it is good to repeat here, I think. The protocol for treatment of Fanconi, information about Fanconi, information about strip testing can be found both at www.basenji.org and www.basenjihealth.org

Thank you so much for the info to pass on.

Suggested Topics