Skip to content

Dealing with mouth ulcers/gum inflammation

Basenji Health Issues & Questions

Suggested Topics

  • 0 Votes
    11 Posts
    9k Views
    O
    Yes, the test for Lyme disease is a blood test. It is a special test that is not in the regular panels– they usually run it separately, after they rule out other things. I hope your B is better! Did you find out what was wrong?
  • Need help/advice…

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    4k Views
    QuercusQ
    @Marie: One thing I haven't seen mentioned yet and which is recommended when treating giardia is to bathe the dog. This is because the giardia cysts can adhere to the hair around the hind end of the dog who then can re-infect himself by grooming. More of a factor in a long haired dog, obviously, but if it were me I'd be giving Oakley a few baths just to be on the safe side. (I'm sure he'll thank me for this suggestion! :eek:) Oooooo, I didn't know that! That is a great bit of info!
  • 0 Votes
    1 Posts
    1k Views
    No one has replied
  • Aggression/Biting?

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    15
    0 Votes
    15 Posts
    12k Views
    P
    Thank you all so much for your posts, they truly helped me a lot. Being my first puppy, it is nice to be reaffirmed that she is just a puppy and that this is normal puppy behavior…. I will definitely continue with the training and try to be more consistent with my approaches. I truly did not think that this was aggression and I'm sorry for the misleading title post; I guess I was involving my own feelings as it has been a little frustrating to say the least. I see how the other puppies are in puppy class, and then there is little Kaya running around barking/yodeling for the entire hour - She is a little diva. Thanks again, and I look forward to continued interactions in this forum!
  • A run in with gum…(Xylitol)

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    6k Views
    E
    Thanks for all the insight! I am going to try this diet and get back to everyone. Right now, we have them on Fish Oil pills and Denysol (sp??) The good thing is, the pups are acting just fine! :) It is just those darn liver values!
  • Vitamin/mineral deficiancy?

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    tanzaT
    @nobarkus: That's a possibility. Though I'm not sure what's in plastic that could be missing in the diet. Mine have eaten dirt/clay to get the minerals. Can you get Steve's Raw Dog Food? It's sold mostly at Whole Foods Market. http://www.stevesrealfood.com/. I'm picking up a new tri today from BRAT and I'm going to try it. The woman who runs BRAT said it help her B that had chronic diarrhea. You can mix it with kibble. I'm also going to use Organix dry dog food to mix it with. Let us know how it goes.. and we would love for you to join us next weekend in Livermore for the BCONC lure trial/puppy match/club meeting….