Skip to content

Fostering a pup that looks like Basenji

Member Introductions

Suggested Topics

  • Looking for a pup in the uk

    Member Introductions
    4
    2 Votes
    4 Posts
    1k Views
    ZandeZ
    @patrick-brandon good ! I will reply when I get back from the woods. Glorious weather, mud drying up and Kito is taking to recall very well indeed. Of course, he has his half brother to set a good example 😍
  • Is my pup part basenji?

    Member Introductions
    9
    3 Votes
    9 Posts
    4k Views
    K
    What a lovely community that I have stumbled upon!! Thank you all so much for your feedback y’all have no idea how much appreciate this. I will be DNA testing ASAP!!
  • 0 Votes
    9 Posts
    4k Views
    P
    Joan and Traci, happy to email you pictures. I will take some this weekend and sent them your way. The female is bigger in size (about 6kg) and lovely (tan with some black stripes and a lovely face) and extremely sharp. She is already trained. The male is smaller in size (about 5kg now) and very good natured. He is quieter but very vivid and active. We started their vaccination this week and they will have their booster in a month or so. I will be in touch. Thank you.
  • 0 Votes
    5 Posts
    14k Views
    Shaye's MomS
    Amen to that! A bored basenji is very creative in its destructiveness, although the dog only thinks he's having fun.
  • Basenji tummy(!?!)

    Member Introductions
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    4k Views
    S
    How is your dog doing now? What did your vet say.
  • My Basenji?

    Member Introductions
    23
    0 Votes
    23 Posts
    13k Views
    scarlettsmommaS
    It was actually the vet tech wasn't the most brilliant thing on the planet… needless to say I found another vet the next week and they think she might have some bulldog in her... what a mix. I believe that she definitely could have some bulldog in her judging by the way she lays around the house.