Skip to content

Hi, New Member!

Member Introductions
  • Hi everyone,

    I'm getting a new Basenji pup in a couple weeks, her name is Panda! She's a black and white girl and will be about 10 weeks old when I get her.

    If anyone has any tips on food, treats, games, etc... Please feel free to advise.

    Ill post pictures when she arrives!

    Thanks everyone, have a great day.

  • Congrats... all good questions... should start with your breeder. I do not feed puppy food, mine eat adult food and I only use grain free. I also change up foods every 3 to 4 weeks that way I never have a problem introducing new foods. Veggies are a favorite as are most fruits...

    Who are you getting your puppy from? Many of us are related by our Basenjis pedigrees

Suggested Topics

  • 0 Votes
    4 Posts
    6k Views
    C
    Hi @2baroos , the vet has checked for a UTI and she is healthy. I have tried thunder jackets with her and she tears it off with assistance from her companion. I'm afraid she will certainly remove anything we put on her, especially diapers. We're trying to discourage her from peeing in the crate at all. She used to sleep in a cardboard box that she loved and started to completely destroy it once the anxiety started, now she shreds her bedding and pees on it. I know how this must be really upsetting to her and am trying my best to take care of her.
  • New Member - Sonny from Central New Jersey

    Member Introductions
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    14k Views
    CrazySenjiC
    He's very handsome! Love his head :)
  • Hi - New Here

    Member Introductions
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    5k Views
    snorky998S
    Welcome and a big Basenji roooo from Illinois.
  • New member wanting to meet new basenji people

    Member Introductions
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    7k Views
    RivermoonR
    HI…welcome! I also have a Rocket Socks kid!!!
  • New Member

    Member Introductions
    16
    0 Votes
    16 Posts
    9k Views
    ManahM
    @Scampy: Hello, everyone! I am so excited to have stumbled upon this forum! I belonged to Basenji Companions until last year, and I miss the community and advice. I have one basenji, a 10-year-old red & white male named Toby. I adopted him six years ago as a "golden opportunity" dog when his show/breeding days were over. He shares the house with three humans and a cat. (We may be inheriting another cat, but don't tell him…I'd sort of promised him a little sister.) Any other west Michigan folk out there? I was born in Kalamazoo! Welcome to the forum! Tabatha
  • New Member

    Member Introductions
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    5k Views
    BasenjiDivaB
    Welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing all about you and your Calli! There are a lot of very nice people here. Pat