Skip to content

Fda Update On Foods Recalled

Basenji Feeding
  • just a heads up if you have not already heard about it
    ‎(09:00 PM):
    Finally, the FDA has issued a ban on ALL vegetable proteins from China. They also admit that the official number of pet deaths has climbed to 4150. No doubt this will go up, but at least they have adjusted it from the number 16 that they were stubbonly clinging to. The important alert is a bit frightening in that even now the FDA can not guess at the scope of the contamination problem.

    http://www.fda.gov/ora/fiars/ora_import_ia9929.html

    Apologies if posting the wrong place but I am trying to give the heads up as many places as I can.

    Not having a basenji I tend to lurk here, but do enjoy reading boards.

Suggested Topics

  • 0 Votes
    11 Posts
    14k Views
    Buddys PalB
    wow, read all through that facebook link you gave, so scary! thanks for the flag to be watched, definitely!
  • Recalled pet food

    Basenji Feeding
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    5k Views
    KanangaK
    @tanza: While I understand "financial" concerns, better quality food equals usually feeding less so what you spend up front is a savings in the end…. Not only that, but better health in the long run, so potentially less $$$ spent on vet bills. Just like with us humans, you have to think outside of the box when it comes to how much you spend on food. In the long run spending extra $ on higher quality food may mean savings over time with our health.
  • Baby Food?

    Basenji Feeding
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    3k Views
    S
    I give it to dogs who don't eat…or to hide pills in. But not as a regular thing.
  • Food recall

    Basenji Feeding
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    2k Views
    No one has replied
  • Food options???

    Basenji Feeding
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    4k Views
    SharlaS
    I agree with Pat regarding the coat. It is very common for reds to be "washed out" when they loose their coat. It unusally returns. But if he is doing well on the food, don't change it. The old saying, don't break what not broken.
  • Mars Petcare food recall

    Basenji Feeding
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    2k Views
    No one has replied