Skip to content

Getting a basenji

Member Introductions

Suggested Topics

  • Basenji or not ????

    Member Introductions
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    5k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    I have to go read your link, but having been called to the shelter to see a chow that was an overweigh pomeranian, a rottweiler that was a lovely hound dog (Rottie rescue in FL told me keep quiet, they knew it wasn't a rottie but had a good home so just get it. I expected a LITTLE Rottweiler looking... bahahaha, no.)... vets who thought our basenjis were so many other things, not much surprises me.
  • 0 Votes
    9 Posts
    6k Views
    R
    Everyone meet Klassic's Trixie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We drove the 3.5 hours from Pittsburgh to pick up Trixie from Sue (Klassic Basenji's in Marion, OH). It was a very long day with 7 hours of driving to and from, but the ride home was much better than the ride there, except for the part where Trixie peed on my friend that went with me to pick her up! Trixie seems to be adjusting well so far, we are about 50/50 with going potty outside. Trying to learn her body language as to when she needs to go out! She is a stubborn thing on the leash and that will need much work as well! So happy to have her here! She loves our kitty Pinkie, and our miniature pinscher, Zombie. Zombie is more interested in stealing the puppies belonging's and claiming them for her own. [image: attachment_p_163420_0_trixie-1.jpg] [image: attachment_p_163420_1_trixie-2.jpg] [image: attachment_p_163420_2_trixie-and-zombie.jpg]
  • My Basenjis

    Member Introductions
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    5k Views
    P
    As mine age I try to keep a bit of weight on them because I know they may reach a stage when they just don't keep weight as the organs weaken.
  • Basenji Kayah

    Member Introductions
    21
    0 Votes
    21 Posts
    14k Views
    DaysiefromBeninD
    a mistake sorry
  • We love our Basenji!

    Member Introductions
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    4k Views
    J
    Can't wait to see the new puppy! Welcome to the forum.
  • Between Basenjis

    Member Introductions
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    6k Views
    nala121498N
    I'm sorry for the loss of your dear Basenjis. Losing a pet is so difficult. I hope this site helps you through the transition. Welcome.