• We bbq'd chicken last night and both dogs tried to get under the grill to catch any drippings, managed to tip the drip pan onto their heads.
    Now I have two dogs with chicken grease all over their heads and necks.
    I have tried bathing them {hot water, lots of scrubbing}, but that didn't do the trick.

Anyone have any tips for getting black grease off the dogs? Doesn't look quite right on Jazz's white Basenji neck.
    sigh.

• @JazzysMom:

We bbq'd chicken last night and both dogs tried to get under the grill to catch any drippings, managed to tip the drip pan onto their heads.
    Now I have two dogs with chicken grease all over their heads and necks.
    I have tried bathing them {hot water, lots of scrubbing}, but that didn't do the trick.

Anyone have any tips for getting black grease off the dogs? Doesn't look quite right on Jazz's white Basenji neck.
    sigh.

Im sorry to hear that. Im glad they didin't get burned!
    Try a clairfying shampoo. A really good one would be by the line Back to Basics. They make a great grapefruit shampoo which takes some types of grease out. Sounds strange but it works. You can find it at Target or if you have a beauty store they would have it too. Look in the phone book for a store by the name of Trade Secret. They would have it. I find that store in the mall usually. It costs around 9 bucks for a small bottle but it will save your little guys coat.
    You may even want to consider going to a automotive store. They have many different types of de-greasing soaps. That might work. Just look for a mild one and make sure not to get it around their eyes or mouth. Hope this helps and good luck!

• try an organic degreaser, trade stores like world market will have them, just gotta ask! sorry bout that…jiggy got in a mess the other day, took a good two times scrubbing to tell that he was really white haha!! glad they are ok and not burned as well!

if you want to try a clarifying shampoo a cheap one is suave its in a clear bottle and the shampoo is pink....suave is generally high in detergents and a bit harsher than normal shampoos.....i had paint everywhere and used it and it worked great!!!

good luck....pictures would be awesome lol!!!

• I think liquid dish soap would work.

Suggested Topics