Skip to content

Searching for recently re-homed Basenji in Seattle

Basenji Talk
  • I had to re-home my darling red/white Basenji named Isis, a 1.5 year old spayed girl, in July of this year. My living circumstances were economically altered and I could no longer give her the care she needed and deserved. I kept in touch with the gentleman who adopted her but recently found out that he re-homed again without letting me know. He can't or won't provide me with any information regarding the adoption. Astounding to me, as now I am quite distraught.

    I have all of the vet records for her and wanted to get in touch with the new family to provide information and support. I am not interested (or rather can't anyway) reclaim her, so I don't want said family to worry about that type of situation. I just want to keep in touch but not interfere.

    I only want to keep in touch and would be most grateful for any response that may be out there for her.

    I appreciate you taking time to read this and hope that you can lend a hand. I would be in your debt.

Suggested Topics

  • I need to find a home for my female pb basenji

    Basenji Talk
    39
    1 Votes
    39 Posts
    20k Views
    I
    Wouldn't feel bad about the behavior of your basenji. I got mine six years ago and he acts a lot like yours. I kennel trained him and when I have company he goes in the kennel till he settles down. When I let him out I just tell people to be still till he checks them all out then he is fine. A lot of times he acts like he is going to attack me if he doesn't get his way vicious snarls and all, but I have learned it is just that an act . He also acted vicious around other dogs but after introducing them properly he gets along great. We have recently got him a new basenji mixed sister to play with, after the snarls and viciousness he loves her very much. I wouldn't be afraid to rehome your basenji, it at least give someone a chance to see what they can do.
  • A basenji

    Basenji Talk
    19
    0 Votes
    19 Posts
    21k Views
    Chealsie508C
    There's nothing like a basenji in the works, from the way they instinctively lay with their had on the bum looking the other way ( I've never met a B that doesn't) to the way you KNOW they all rub on wet towels or play bow…it's all very endearing and in this breed you often identify traits that they all have, an insight into their genetics and their behaviors. I've never enjoyed a breed so much.
  • Basenji Song-Moon Over Basenji

    Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    12k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    Oh Barklessdog, you are a brave person. I must now stand with you in insane-solidarity and admit I bought it too. It is awful but when you get the line "we couldn't say goodbye so we took him home" part, you know you got to help support the woman. lol
  • Home Alone *basenji style*

    Basenji Talk
    16
    0 Votes
    16 Posts
    10k Views
    krunzerK
    I ended up getting some Bitter Apple spray and that has so far deterred them from trying to eat it again. Now if I could only get a jug of it for when I try to load the dishwasher…...
  • Free to a good… no... free to a home. Any home.

    Basenji Talk
    23
    0 Votes
    23 Posts
    12k Views
    CongoC
    Hahahahahaha! This story just made my day!
  • Wondering if they're really basenji mix..

    Basenji Talk
    33
    0 Votes
    33 Posts
    16k Views
    Patty MP
    @antalioops: Okay, I didn't mean to offend anyone. Nala has let out a "bark like" noise once or twice. 1 noise. Not a woofwoofwoof… I don't think she spelled it with a "w" or a "b". I read the selective breeding thing somewhere on the internet. I'm sure we here in the USA are not the only ones to breed for certain characteristics. I'm also pretty sure it wasn't just for the noises. Unlike hunting here with Braking & baying dogs, the game there is quite different. I just wanted to share something I read. Didn't intend to start a debate or argument. I'm a little sorry I shared at all Hey there, first off, Welcome to the forum! Don't be sorry you shared…. for like you said, po-tay-to, po-tah-to... your Nala is absolutely adorable! And in my opinion, basenjis will tease us with their capability to "roo", as many here call it! My Sophie will only Roo when SHE feels like it, and then, she will be telling the story of her day... versus my Lola, who I think can Roo, but has decided not to share... yet... :) :D Anyway, Welcome! :) My sister lives in Milwaukee with two basenjis, so if you ever want more playmates for Nala....