• Houston

If it wasn't for the small dogs would you have had him loose? I am only asking because of him maybe taking off..like my dog probably would..
    We have a new dog park that just opened up this last month, and I think I will visit it on monday when the kiddos goes to school..if the heat prevails and makes it do-able..my point, I will see how Otis is on returning to the screaming blonde chick..i.e me. It is fully fenced and all, but still, I am wondering how it will go..

• @Basenjimamma:

If it wasn't for the small dogs would you have had him loose? I am only asking because of him maybe taking off..like my dog probably would..
    We have a new dog park that just opened up this last month, and I think I will visit it on monday when the kiddos goes to school..if the heat prevails and makes it do-able..my point, I will see how Otis is on returning to the screaming blonde chick..i.e me. It is fully fenced and all, but still, I am wondering how it will go..

He's OK when I let him off leash at the beach. At the dog park Otis will be deaf as there's too much fun and play going on. If you need to get him you'll have to walk/run over and just grab him. Buddy does not hear me at the dog park at this point in his puppy life. I just run over and grab him if there's a problem or it's time to go. Since it's fenced in and if everything's going OK just let the brindle beast have a good time and the blond chick can relax.

• Houston

just let the brindle beast have a good time and the blond chick can relax.

sounds like a great idea..I might have to take you up on that..

• Wow Great pics…

What a lot of dogs!!! 😃

• Houston

Dan, I just looked at the pictures again and noticed Buddy's tail curves jsut like Otis', really tight, looking like a cinamon roll..too cute..Does he wag it?

• @Basenjimamma:

Dan, I just looked at the pictures again and noticed Buddy's tail curves jsut like Otis', really tight, looking like a cinamon roll..too cute..Does he wag it?

Yes, when he get's near a cat or a dog to play the tail wags really fast.

Check out the web cam for the same beach. It's total fog today.

http://www.flyfunston.org/newwebcam/

• Houston

wow, that beach does not look very inviting today..however as a Swede, we swim in cool water, so maybe..

• @Basenjimamma:

wow, that beach does not look very inviting today..however as a Swede, we swim in cool water, so maybe..

It's usually foggy up there except in the fall when it's really beautiful. In the summer it's unpredictable. That fog is what cools down the SF Bay Area. Yesterday there was no fog so it was really hot. I used to take my last 2 Basenjis up there and in the 90's there was no web cam so you'd leave home (40 minutes away) where it was hot then get close and see the big bank of fog. Oh no I'm in a tank top and shorts! :eek: "Suck it up! The dogs are excited and we're going for the walk/hike". Let's keep moving everybody! Burrrrr!!

• Houston

funny.. Webcams are a blessing but I also think that before the cams we ventured more on a limb as supposed to take the comfort road and stay in if the weather looks iffy. The dogs probably don't care one way or another, pending rain of course..

• @Basenjimamma:

funny.. Webcams are a blessing but I also think that before the cams we ventured more on a limb as supposed to take the comfort road and stay in if the weather looks iffy. The dogs probably don't care one way or another, pending rain of course..

I do go up there when it's foggy only I know how to dress or at least take a jacket. In the summer it's usually about 58-61 degrees with the fog.

Suggested Topics