• In the last 2 weeks Nexa has peed in the house 3 times without any warning. Tonight she had just been outside for a few hours and she hadn't been inside for more then 5 minutes. She hasn't gone inside more than 3 times since we got her 2 years ago. We are planning on taking her to the vet, what would cause this other than a UTI? That was the only thing we could think of.

• I would certain think UTI….

• My first guess would a UTI. If not, possibly Fanconi Syndrome which would be glucose in the urine. How old is your B? Have you been strip testing monthly for glucose?

Jennifer Hill

• If I remember right, this is a full Af from Carol Ann, so would be really surprised if Fanconi… however that said, the more that are tested in the data base the better...

• The vet wasn't able to get a urine sample, (Nexa is a bit stubborn:rolleyes:) but they are pretty sure it is a UTI so we are going to treat her for that. They were a little concerned because she had a temperature, but she was nervous at the vet. We took it a few times after she was back home and it is normal now. She hasn't had any signs of feeling ill other than going pee in the house. Hopefully it clears up soon, it would be nice if the dogs could just tell us if somethings wrong.

• @dcmclcm4:

My first guess would a UTI. If not, possibly Fanconi Syndrome which would be glucose in the urine. How old is your B? Have you been strip testing monthly for glucose?

Jennifer Hill

She is only 2, so we have not strip tested.

@tanza:

If I remember right, this is a full Af from Carol Ann, so would be really surprised if Fanconi… however that said, the more that are tested in the data base the better...

She is a full af from Carol Ann. Offa is shipping us a second cheek swab kit for Nexa. Leo's is ready to mail in, but in basenji fashion Nexa's kit was "compromised" by Leo. I am a little nervous for Leo as he is a rescue and we have no idea where he came from. I agree on getting as many in the database as possible.

• Sorry, I did not know the dog came from Carol Ann and is a full af. My second response is automatically the Fanconi health issue and testing.

I hope she gets better soon and no longer has a temperature.

For Bs with an unknown background, I recommend urine strip testing starting at two since there have been affecteds showing symptoms at three. I do this for all of my rescues but I also do the DNA test.

• @dcmclcm4:

Sorry, I did not know the dog came from Carol Ann and is a full af. My second response is automatically the Fanconi health issue and testing.

I hope she gets better soon and no longer has a temperature.

For Bs with an unknown background, I recommend urine strip testing starting at two since there have been affecteds showing symptoms at three. I do this for all of my rescues but I also do the DNA test.

That would have been mine also….. about testing for Fanconi..but I remembered that she came from Carol Ann............

Suggested Topics