• Help ! It seems like my girl has developed a few spots , looks all over and super close up magnifying glass and iphone flashlight and yup it's a In grown hair !?, and some dandruff by the looks of it ?, what can I do to solve this problem ? Anything over the counter I can use ? Or is it an issue for the vet ? Or is it due to giving her blue buffalo now instead of Now Fresh ? The higher protein have something to do with it ?? Or could I have caused it by not washing out the shampoo properly ??, I just noticed them yesterday and today and her bath was 3 days ago

• I have never had ingrown hairs caused by food… are they like little pimples? All of mine have gotten them every now and again. I just "pop" them and put a little antibotic cream on them

All dogs have dander...

• They look like little white heads really , too her to the vet she got her DHPP and the vet had a good look at it
    Told me to just leave them be and not bath her for a week and see if they clear up and when I do bath her to use a hypoallergenic shampoo and rinse (vet office had it -can't remember the name ) was also told about hills advantage for food option once her current one is done
    (Could be a food allergy -but then it would be all over the skin) also got some
    K9 Advantage multi 😉

• Are you bathing her once a week? Unless she is rolling in yucky stuff or there are human allergy issues, I would say maybe too many baths regardless of the white heads… again.. all of my basenjis for 20+ years have gotten them off and on, some more than others... kind of like us humans with pimples...

• No I'm not this is the first bath she's had ever, but the vet told me to shampoo her after a week and use a rinse too, just to see if that helps , also to keep the coat from drying out .

• I would be very surprised if from a shampoo..but again, IMO… not something to really worry about unless she starts "worrying" the spots...

• Vet pretty much said the same , if it gets worse or she starts itching at them or other symptoms then take her back

Suggested Topics