Skip to content

Greeting from Indonesia…please help to find a reputable breeder

Member Introductions
  • Hi everyone

    Thanks for letting me join the forum. I am from Indonesia, precisely in city Medan. Me and my wife has been searching for a good family dog with small size, a little shedding and less dander and grooming need as well. And our research lead us to Basenji. Unfortunately, it is a very rare breed in Indonesia and I haven't found any breeder as well.

    My only choice seems to buy from overseas breeder that's also willing to send worldwide. I found so many on internet and I am not sure about their real reputation and none of them specify whether they want ship worldwide or not.

    Can anyone please help me to locate a reputable breeder in any country that also willing to ship overseas ?

    Thank you beforehand and I appreciate that I can join this forum

    Paul

Suggested Topics

  • Greetings from Switzerland

    Member Introductions
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    4k Views
    ?
    Thank you for the welcome. Also, for the advice. He seems to be okay around the horses for the moment. One of the mares gave him a bit of a stink eye and he moved out of the area quite quickly all on his own. He loved the trimmings of the hooves left by the farrier :) I did post a few photos that our daughter took on the Show Off section.
  • Wanting a local breeder… Help???

    Member Introductions
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    khanisK
    @Basenjilover74: Hello fellow Basenji lovers! I am looking for a reputable breeder here in Alaska. Anyone have a good contact? I am willing to go to Seattle if I must. Finding one here would be fabulous though. I want one by Christmas for my kids (9&4). They have been asking for a dog for three years, and I have done my research, and want this amazing breed! Thanks to any and all for your help!;) If you are interested in visiting a Basenji in person… feel free to email me and we can get that set up for you. There are a number of Khani's Basenjis in Alaska and I am sure their folks would love to share their babies with you. This would give you a better idea if you really do want a Basenji.
  • Hello Everyone! (and help please)

    Member Introductions
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    6k Views
    N
    Try to find somewhere that offers the IDEXX snap 4DX test. It tests for heartworm as well as lyme, erlichia and anaplasmosis. The last 3 are all rickettsial diseases that can cause behavioral changes as well. If medical causes are ruled out, there is a great group on yahoo groups called agbeh. It is the Aggressive behaviors in dogs group. It is very strict due to the sensitivity of dealing with aggressive dogs, but the files and links on the group are great, and reading through the archives is invaluable. -full disclosure: I am not the owner of the group, but I am a moderator for the group. here is the website: http://www.aggressivebehaviorsindogs.com/ and the group: http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/agbeh/ -Nicole
  • Greetings and Thanks!

    Member Introductions
    33
    0 Votes
    33 Posts
    17k Views
    kmbuckK
    Wow - your 5th! See I had a sense there you had some major B experience ;) We picked up Jack early that day, think we might have been the first to arrive, and only met one other man picking up a little girl, Stella, he lived in NY city I think. I think there was another couple arriving just after we left for the other little boy in the litter, that might be who you saw. I tell you when I walked in, I was just completely in awe of all those precious pups! So tiny, I just did not picture so tiny! We are on Doris's list for a little girl if we are lucky out of a breeding this fall. Jack needs a playmate!!! Well so nice to connect with you and hope to continue to do so. Good luck with your shows!
  • Help Help Help

    Member Introductions
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    6k Views
    BasenjiByTheBayB
    Wondering how your two are taking to each other now. We've had Bongo for just over 3 weeks - seems like so much longer - and he and Fiji are now a real team. Wish I'd had the camera handy last night when they were sleeping on the couch with Bongo draped over Fiji. (The first week they'd share the couch but at far opposite ends.) They walk together, run together and share toys and bowls. She still puts him in his place if he messes with her crate, or crosses some other line that only the b's know and understand, but he takes it like a dog. I'm actually surprised, and thrilled of course, that they bonded so quickly. How are yours coming along?
  • Help Me Please!!

    Member Introductions
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    6k Views
    J
    My experience with my unneutered male was not good when another neutered male came to stay with us for a short period. I had to keep them separated. My male disliked even this arrangement and would pee in his crate to display his disapproval of having another male in the house. We later had a female pup in the house and our male got along with her great. I aksed for suggestion on how to get them to get along and nothing worked. Someone even said that it might never work.