Urrggh sorry for the slow reply, the forum doesn't send me any notifications and it's so quiet I don't bother to check it regularly. Has he made any progress? If not, It sounds like you need to get an MRI done for Grady which may reveal more than the xray.
Saving
Posts
-
Unknown Soft Tissue Injury (Spinal?) After Being Bitten By Wasp -
Unknown Soft Tissue Injury (Spinal?) After Being Bitten By WaspSorry to hear this, sounds horrible. I'd really try and feel around his entire back, stomach and body overall to see if you can find any sore (hot) spots. Is he eating well?
-
Hi I’m Stephanie!Hi Stephanie, welcome and welcome to the breed.
-
Fecal incontinence after possible spinal injuryI had a spinal injury a few years ago and the surgeon warned me of permanent nerve damage causing incontinence being a potential consequence if it got worse. It's called "cauda equina syndrome", I did a quick search and it looks like it occurs in dogs too. Essentially you lose all nerve feeling on your bowel, hence not knowing when you need to go. I'm not sure what the solution is (if any) but it could be a clue.
-
Belly RashDid she always have them or did they start after something/some time? Do antihistamines clear the problem?
-
Teddy Roosevelt TerrierAh yeah though the site that I saw clearly had a picture of a Basenji representing the breed! Your link, they look nothing like Bs
-
RIP Chance, our sweet boyMy condolences, a good long life
-
Teddy Roosevelt TerrierJust seen this breed on a somewhat strange site, is it a thing?
-
basenji sighting!Nice, they are about in a few different adverts, I spot them every now and again.
-
Safi is 2OMG, nooooo! She's so good now, it's not time for terrible twos! I have noticed that she does need to be told multiple times to do things nowadays but she's very well behaved in general, we have a good understanding going on.
Thanks for the warning! -
Safi is 2Safi had her 2nd birthday yesterday, time is really flying!

-
Vet Visit for Exam and Boosters and AnxietyIn addition to what Elbrant said, you could try valerian or st john's wort for calming. You could also try desensitising him, drive to the vet a few times (if it's practical) but don't go in, give him a reward for staying calm etc. I'd personally avoid pharmaceuticals.
-
Will not peeI don't get other dogs in the yard but I do get foxes, she will sniff but isn't bothered.
-
Will not peeMy B won't pee or poo on my property at all or even in the vicinity, I have to take her for a walk down the road to get her to go. It started around the same sort of time, before that she used to go in the garden or drive no problem.
-
MidJourney playIt was actually based off this photo. I got the AI to describe the photo, then I got it to generate a new image based on its desciption:

-
MidJourney playThought you might enjoy these, the first one was created with Adobe Firefly, the others with MidJourney, the first three are generic Basenji the last two are based on Safi:

-
Safi is 1 today@elbrant Yes, she's good an patient sometimes, I've been taking pics of her from day 1 so she's used to it, I'm allowed a couple of mins and no more though.
-
Safi is 1 today
A rather magnificent Safi in Richmond Park, London -
Remington (Remy)A fine looking Basenji!