Skip to content

OTIS is Pobably clear/normal

Basenji Health Issues & Questions

Suggested Topics

  • Eating Disorder or Normal?

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    12
    1 Votes
    12 Posts
    5k Views
    D
    @annie said in Eating Disorder or Normal?: That is call him Catfish Ha! Damn you auto-correct.
  • Aggression/Biting?

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    15
    0 Votes
    15 Posts
    12k Views
    P
    Thank you all so much for your posts, they truly helped me a lot. Being my first puppy, it is nice to be reaffirmed that she is just a puppy and that this is normal puppy behavior…. I will definitely continue with the training and try to be more consistent with my approaches. I truly did not think that this was aggression and I'm sorry for the misleading title post; I guess I was involving my own feelings as it has been a little frustrating to say the least. I see how the other puppies are in puppy class, and then there is little Kaya running around barking/yodeling for the entire hour - She is a little diva. Thanks again, and I look forward to continued interactions in this forum!
  • Vitamin/mineral deficiancy?

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    tanzaT
    @nobarkus: That's a possibility. Though I'm not sure what's in plastic that could be missing in the diet. Mine have eaten dirt/clay to get the minerals. Can you get Steve's Raw Dog Food? It's sold mostly at Whole Foods Market. http://www.stevesrealfood.com/. I'm picking up a new tri today from BRAT and I'm going to try it. The woman who runs BRAT said it help her B that had chronic diarrhea. You can mix it with kibble. I'm also going to use Organix dry dog food to mix it with. Let us know how it goes.. and we would love for you to join us next weekend in Livermore for the BCONC lure trial/puppy match/club meeting….
  • 0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    Kris_ChristineK
    **PERMISSION TO CROSS-POST NJ Vaccine Seminar LIVE WEBSTREAM this SATURDAY** Saturday, March 14, 2009 at 2:00 PM Eastern Standard Time The 2009 Northeast Rabies Challenge Fund Seminar will be held March 14, 2009 at Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ. You can see Dr. Dodds speak live over the Internet To attend this seminar via this live video stream visit the site to sign up:SIGN UP HERE: http://hycalibervideo.com/northeast-rabies-challenge-fund-live-stream It will be limited to 300 online virtual attendees. Cost is $55.00 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM Dr. W. Jean Dodds - "Clinical Approaches to Managing and Treating Adverse Vaccine Reactions" 3:30 PM - 3:50 PM BREAK 3:50 PM - 4:55 PM Moderated** Question and Answer Session
  • Wichita Rabies Law Article 11/15/08

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    3k Views
    Kris_ChristineK
    Well, your precious ones only have to have a rabies booster once every 3 years! Please tell all your friends in Wichita about the ordinance change – the newspaper buried the announcement in other animal-related information, I'm sure many pet owners in the city don't have a clue that they no longer have to booster every year. Kris
  • Puppy farting is this normal???

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    14
    0 Votes
    14 Posts
    20k Views
    YodelDogsY
    Try giving him a half teaspoon of plain yogurt daily for a few days. Yogurt has enzymes that help adjust the "gut" and usually helps stop gas and/or diareah. Always works for my animals. :)