Thank you all for the replies. Unfortunately after doing a bit more research, we’ve decided that basenjis aren’t quite the hypoallergenic option for us. We’ll be moving forward with another breed, or date I say it......a mixed breed (I know, hate me if you want- we just want a dog for US).
Thank you all for the kind advice. Great forum and atmosphere. I’ll consider this topic closed for now.