Olive - 5 month old peeing machine

• Also, any thoughts on good bell or indicator training? I've been so concerned with getting her outside before she messes inside that I haven't been working on how she can let me know she needs to go out.

• I know many who train them to ring a bell, but I really always just watch, take out often and RARELY ever have "accidents" because every accident increases the chance for more. By the time they are a few months old, every one of them have always whined or gone to the door to indicate. The thought of teaching to ring bell, then ring bell to go out.. lol really seems like a lot of work.

I did look for you though:
    http://www.dog-obedience-training-review.com/puppy-house-training.html

• Yeah we were doing really well for a while, but it seems Olive is relapsing 😞
    She's holding it in until right when we get back, sometimes not even willing to walk towards the usual potty spot. She's even started peeing on my clothes ( a shirt or sock if she finds one on the floor). I think I'm gonna shift her meal times to a little later since rushing back home for a lunch feeding isnt always consistent and I can devote more time to watching her carefully.

• ^i physically picked suki up from her crate and took her to the potty spot - she never peed on me and there was no chance of error on the way out. might be worth a try?

• Treats when she goes and routine will help a lot. Once they know you take them out in the am for the walk, when you get home from work, and before bed, it will make it so much easier for you all.

• Have you tried taking her for a long walk? Sometimes I think they make messes because it gets your attention. Try walking her for a good part of the evening if you can. Congrats on the progress!

• Spammer, folks don't click on the potty link, it's a spammer selling a product.

Suggested Topics