I saw another Basenji walking in my neighborhood!

• Houston

And I couldn't believe it. She was red (rust?) and white! I was able to stop my car and speak to the owners. I told them about my Pearl. This B was their 2nd one, a rescue, the first passed away.

I was so excited! I wish Pearl was more dog friendly, I would love to see if they could get along. But alas, Pearl is not easy to get along with. I still love her!

• Isn't it nice?

LOL one day I was at cracker barrel with my daughter (no dogs of course), but I have a basenji and rottie sticker on my car. This woman comes out and says "Are you Debra Levey?" I said "Yes." She said she figured, not many people in the area had Rotties AND Basenji. She had basenji and lived in the county above us and saw me on a message board.

• It's exciting when you see another Basenji. Several people have told us there are two Basenjis living in the next village. We know the rough location and went for a walk down the lane yesterday but no luck.

• Houston

I really hope to see these people again. I will take pearl on walks that way and hopefully see them.

Pearl really likes to stay on our cul-de-sac. I believe she feels its her territory. How funny, she is still undomesticated in many ways. Just one of the reasons I love her so much.

It is exciting to other Basenjis, they are rare!

• I saw a basenji at the dog park I like to go to once, Fleet People's Park in Winter Park, FL. Was neat to actually see one up close like that for once. I've never saw a full blood one, just my mixes 😉

Suggested Topics