Hi from Western North Carolina, USA -

• I just joined this forum at the suggestion of Patty M. Have been a BRAT member since it was founded in the mid-'90's. We had four basenji siblings, a year apart, bred near Boulder CO where we used to live. We now have two relatively active b-girls, ages 16 and 15; their two brothers died in 2008 and 2010 at ages 15 and 16. We've been very fortunate and count our blessings every day the girls are with us. We're active in B-rescue and enjoy sharing stories about our collective adventures with these amazing critters. Thanks for the suggestion, Patty M.

• Welcome 🙂

• Hi Jacqui, Welcome! Do you have a secret to longevity for basenjis? Their ages are amazing to me! 🙂

• Welcome ! 🙂 I'm also in N.C.

• Houston

Welcome onboard..nice to have you and yours here.

• So glad you've joined. I too am very interested in the "young" age of your basenjis. Well done. Please share any secrets, tips.

• First Basenji's

Hi! Welcome! I'm in NC too!

• Hi and welcome and WOW on your dogs' longevity.

I lived in Ashville NC as a child but I have to admit I think Boone is incredible.

Nice to see other BRAT folks. I did an evaluation on a 4 yr old male today, spectacular dog. Whoever gets him will be so very lucky. Just bad situation with him trying to kill their older pug, woman working 12 hr shifts, etc. He baroos and everything.

• Welcome and especially good to hear from all of you who do such a wonderful job in giving homes to 'rescued' dogs

• @Jqi:

I just joined this forum at the suggestion of Patty M. Have been a BRAT member since it was founded in the mid-'90's. We had four basenji siblings, a year apart, bred near Boulder CO where we used to live. We now have two relatively active b-girls, ages 16 and 15; their two brothers died in 2008 and 2010 at ages 15 and 16. We've been very fortunate and count our blessings every day the girls are with us. We're active in B-rescue and enjoy sharing stories about our collective adventures with these amazing critters. Thanks for the suggestion, Patty M.

Hi,

Like Debra previously said, it is nice to see long time Brat members on this Forum. My own basenjis just turned eight and nine. I lost my first basenji girl to a bee sting when she was five. I sure hope my pair can have a long life like yours.

debbi j.

• Welcome to the forum! We love pictures…. 😉

• Hi Greg. I can't tell you how happy I was to hear that Bunny was found. Every day I signed on to the forum, hoping for some good news.

Suggested Topics