• Thanks for the alert Fran. I've never even heard of those brands. Grocery store pet food is pretty bad stuff anyway.

• It truly is. But some people have no other choice (finances?). I think most of us on this forum are quite picky about the foods we feed our animals, thank goodness.

• I'm picky now about my dog foods because I can afford to be, but honestly when I was a kid we fed them strictly table scraps – my folks never EVER bought dog food; we'd scrape plates and pots into a pan and the dogs ate it, loved it, and lived long and healthy lives on it. I never even remember taking our dogs to the vet.
    When dh and I were starting out, we bought what many here call "crap", and our dogs always lived healthy long lives.
    I'm just sayin' . . . . .

• Hmm… just the name of some of these brands... "Kroger Value Chunk Dog Food".... However the ingredients are not much different then many of the so called "popular" brands...

While I understand "financial" concerns, better quality food equals usually feeding less so what you spend up front is a savings in the end....

And I hear you JazzysMom... I think many of use from generations in the 50's or 60's did much the same..... but as with all things, as you learn new ways, you learn better ways.

• @tanza:

While I understand "financial" concerns, better quality food equals usually feeding less so what you spend up front is a savings in the end….

Not only that, but better health in the long run, so potentially less $$$ spent on vet bills.

Just like with us humans, you have to think outside of the box when it comes to how much you spend on food. In the long run spending extra $ on higher quality food may mean savings over time with our health.

Suggested Topics