• Hello all! My name is Mandi and I'm new to this forum so I thought I'd introduce myself. I have two Basenjis, Copper and Opie (my "Boys"). Copper will be 10 in March and Opie just turned 8 a few weeks ago. I've had them both since they were puppies…how time flies! My husband and I don't have any children so my Boys are my only kids and are spoiled rotten as a result lol.

My husband is active duty Army so we tend to move frequently and when he deploys it's just the three of us here. He's in Afghanistan now and I have no idea what I would do without them! We currently live in Tennessee but just moved here earlier this year from three years in Germany. The plane ride wasn't fun at all. I don't know who was more stressed by the move...them or me! I used to volunteer frequently with BRAT and fostered occasionally as well before the move overseas but it's taking a while to get back into things.

I just got a job, finally, but haven't started yet. I'm going to be working as an education and career counselor at a university. The Boys are NOT going to like me going back to work after having me home all day for so long!

Anyways, that's me in a nutshell. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you!

• Welcome to the forum, Mandi and your two boys. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

They sound like great companions for you when your husband's overseas.
    They are obviously seasoned travellers!

• Hello Mandi, Cooper and Opie, welcome to the forum.

• Hello to you folks and to Cooper and Opie. We look forward to seeing pictures of them. 🙂

I'm sorry your husband is not with you right now. I'm Canadian, but I feel very strongly for all of the men and women serving the U.S. May they all return home safely.

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays, and glad to have you on the forum!

• WELCOME! Omgosh we are neighbors nearly (GA). The brat coordinator in TN will be happy to have you as a real neighbor. Post pictures please!

Suggested Topics