For Sale: Basenji pups For Sale in Nampa ID

• RMHolt, it was me that called Manou an expert and I did so because she seemed so very knowledgeable when I talked to her about the Avuvis when I met her at Crufts one year. I had never met anyone who had such an extensiv knowledge of the Avuvi. You obviously think I'm wrong but haven't said anything that contradicts what she told me.

I find the Avuvis very interesting and can't understand why there is a need to classify them as Basenjis! I'm sorry that you refuse to post pictures as I'd love to see the puppies.

Your quote -
    'I was less happy waiting on Fanconi when I found out newer imports from Congo had the allele. Previous imports from both areas were totally negative.'

I'm not sure I understand this statement perhaps you can clarify it for me? Do you mean that at last the Fanconi allele has been identified? Is it possible to identify the 'newer imports' or is that a question that shouldn't be raised on this forum? Which 2 areas are you talking about?

I do hope you'll reconsider posting pictures.

• Rose Marie, you have done transport for BRAT. Yes, you have saved some lives. I just don't see why having litters of dogs who have not been accepted into any registery and have not had health testing done before breeding, is a good thing.
    Re Wheat and breeding. Wheat's old owner is responsible. She will only breed dogs who have been passed in all health testing, and accepted. She isn't dabbling to make a name for herself or make money. She is in it for the long term.
    NOT every dog should be breed. Heavens, don't we have enough mixes to rehome???

• @Patty:

I find the Avuvis very interesting and can't understand why there is a need to classify them as Basenjis! I'm sorry that you refuse to post pictures as I'd love to see the puppies.

Your quote -
    'I was less happy waiting on Fanconi when I found out newer imports from Congo had the allele. Previous imports from both areas were totally negative.'

I'm not sure I understand this statement

Obviously not her, but since she seems to post and leave for a week..
    I don't have any issue with them being submitted to BCOA. I am not sure most do if the type and health clearances meet. I could be wrong, but I think the issue is advertising them as Basenjis without them being admitted to BCOA or acknowledged as such.

The second I thought was pretty obvious… maybe I am wrong. But I read this translation:
    I didn't do it because I didn't want to do it because I didn't have the money to be responsible so I just bred anyway (to make a buck?) and anyway... so far none had tested for it and even though it was the responsible thing to do, I hoped no one would catch on so now using an excuse to cover my butt.

• Obviously this thread just can't have an ending. I just shake my head. I would figure by now pretty much everything that has been needed to be said has been said.

Can we just drop this thread now? All the information is there for people who want to start at the beginning and read on. RMHolt has left her contact information for anyone interested. Many of us on here disagree with some of her practices/comments. Some understand RMHolt and what she is doing. No matter how many posts continue to bash both sides, nothing good is going to come out of this. I really ask that everyone lays this to rest. If you need to continue, perhaps you can send private messages back and forth.

If you feel the urge to reply to this, please message me privately. Please let us have this be the last post of this thread. Private messages from now on. Thank you.

• Fran, honestly, if you are not a forum moderator and you feel that strongly, you are free to ask them to lock it. However, if not a moderator, while I appreciate you think it should close, the reality is you simply don't need to click on this thread. I am perplexed at your feeling you should police the actions of others by repeatedly asking them not to post. No one is forcing you to read it. Others obviously still have things to say.

Though I agree, btw, that no new information is going to be given on the litter and it has been beaten to death given that… oh yeah, no responses to direct questions from the breeder are going to come. But considering the flames from RMholt toward Dr Jo, I'd be pretty surprised if this thread is done.

• Debra, I am not a forum moderator. I'm sure you know that, as the term 'Moderator' is not found anywhere near my name. See, those are the types of comments you make that people don't like.

I would hope that everyone here can use the forum to the intent it was set up for, so no need to lock a thread or to have me police it. But I feel strongly that the commentaries now going on in this thread are more about bashing people (you're one of them getting bashed, but I have no doubt you can take care of yourself , as everyone else can 🙂 ) than commenting about the breed.

I don't think this forum was set up as a place for this hissy fitting grumbling. If I had read a thread similar to this when I joined the forum in February of last year, I would have run for cover - and I don't frighten easily. 🙂 But it would have made me feel that people were placing way too much emphasis on their egos - drilling their points across instead of letting those who read make up their own minds. My comments were written to try to take a little gas out of this thread, and get it back to where it started, if that was what was needed for it.

I had been still reading this thread because to me, it became psychologically a very interesting take on how humans communicate about a common subject. The ego often gets involved. But I will take your suggestion and stop reading this thread. No sense in bashing my head against some bricks.

I will continue to read your other posts, as you do have a great deal of useful knowledge to share, which I enjoy.

Now, as I have taken your suggestion to stop reading this thread, please take my suggestion and message me privately if you feel you have to add comments to what I have said here.

• Well, I'm not a moderator. I'm not a breeder. I'm just a basenji lover…. although I never knew I loved basenjis, until my Lucy found me. IMO, or IMHO, or WTFPGAO (WTF People, Get Along Opinion).. we need to respect the Facts... However you see the Facts, please respect them. And with that being said, I LOVE basenjis. Love, Love, Love, with a capital L… or is it a capital B?;) lol

So if you are like my family, and we just are simple basenji lovers…can that be a new standard? 🆒
    If that is the case, it's time to be happy. :o RM Holt has puppies to sell, and based upon all of this mumbo-jumbo, none will end up in rescue with a sad story. Here I am in sunny Florida, looking for homes for forlorn rescues ..and I am ineffective. Sadly,the little girl I wanted to save is not over the Rainbow Bridge, but she is no longer of this world.

Love = Love.

Take a step back, please. Relax. We are ALL here for one reason… to love our basenjis. Constructive feedback... that is all a wonderful thought!! :0

🙂 Happy Christmas!

• @Kipawa:

Debra, I am not a forum moderator. I'm sure you know that, as the term 'Moderator' is not found anywhere near my name. See, those are the types of comments you make that people don't like.

Wow surprised to know you speak for what people like or don't like.

My comment was assuming that you are probably NOT one, but giving leeway since not all moderators or people involved in managing the board are moderators. So if you didn't like that comment, that is your own issue and spin. That was NOTHING wrong with what I said.

And no, I won't respond in private. You make comments on a public board, you get response on a public board. Not speaking for others, only myself, I DON'T LIKE when people presume to make comments and then request you not respond in public. Had you wanted to address it in private, you should have.

Patty… I have no idea what this means, since both Rainbow Bridge AND not of this world indicate death:Sadly,the little girl I wanted to save is not over the Rainbow Bridge, but she is no longer of this world.

• The statements made in posts #172 and #175, which name me specifically, are absolutely false.
    Although for the past year and a half I have chosen to ignore any communications from the author of these posts, this behavior and the libelous defamation of me will be dealt with formally.
    Jo Thompson (JoT)

• Folks,

This thread has been closed, pending review and moderation. Please respect our forum community rules and guidelines.

If you feel that you need stop posting for a while because of a conflict with other members, please step back and email us directly before posting publicly about the issue. Best way to to handle arguments on the public forum is to just let go and move on.

http://www.basenjiforums.com/showthread.php?t=374

COURTESY AND RESPECT

The purpose of this board is to provide a place for Basenji owners to make connections, exchange information and assist and encourage one another. It is above all a friendly environment for online discussion.

• Don't be rude to others, or make an argument personal
    • If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all
    • Know the difference between a difference of opinion and a personal attack
    • Don't try to "win" an argument by repeating yourself over and over
    • Don't tell others what to post
    • Don't bash other members
    • Keep it clean, don't use profanity

Why can't I tell this user what an idiot he/she is; every single thing he/she posts is just so wrong?

If you can't find a respectful way to express your difference of opinion, then you're better off saying nothing at all. Don't talk down to other posters, lecture them or be rude and dismissive. Disagreement is fine, but attacking another poster personally will get you in trouble and result in a ban from the forum.

But he started the fight by attacking me! Can't I defend myself?

This is a forum for the discussion of Basenjis, not a dueling society. If you feel attacked, please report it to the admin and then ignore the poster, respond to another thread. Remember, however much you were provoked, if you attack a poster personally then you are just as guilty of breaking the rules.

Why can't I tell a poster that he's breaking the rules?

This board has a moderator. Telling other people what to do is rude, derails the conversation even further and often ignites flame wars. Please just report the user to the admin and move on.

Suggested Topics