• @thunderbird8588:

Her is a pic of my Dalmation, Amy that i had in the 80's. She was a lovely Dog and smiled a lot, to the point of making herself sneeze 😃
    I used to see people quickly draw their hands away from her when she smiled and they looked at me as if i was stupid when i told them she was smiling 😃

AWWW! I love it! That's a happy grinnin doggie!
    Warmly
    Jon

• Belgians Shep's are also a breed that love to grin/smile a lot…

My friend has them, and there is nothing nicer than sitting down at her place and have these big, black, grinning things, (with the manditory wiggly bum too), coming over for a cuddle :D... Love it...

• This is the BEST freakin' dog ever! Turns out that his great behavior was not a honeymoon–he grooms my cat, loves new people and other dogs. He is a 'sharing dog.' I don't see many who do this, but I have met a few who do the same thing: he will take his toys, and walk up to other dogs and offer it to them for tug of war. . . if he gets it, he'll run to be chased for a minute, then turn around and offer it up again. . . if they get it, he's like, "cool, i'll chase you" and if they get mouthy, he just trots away and says hi to me or another dog.

He still smiles with his entire face. He's learning all sorts of tricks--turns out he's extremely smart. Now if I can get him to figure out what to do with a frisbee . . . I swear, I've shown him over and over, treated him, etc. and he still just lets the frisbee bonk him in the head. . . oh well, fetch with toys and his Kong Wubba is fun.

Thanks again for all the help. I'll drop in some and keep y'all posted.:D

Jon

• Sounds like you have a wonderful rescue on your hands, wanna trade? Just kidding!:p I think you're doing everything right and it sounds like he's adjusting well. I think the growling is probably just nothing but you never know, he could have a little bit of resource guarding possibly… can you touch him while he eats or has a toy without him growling?

• It's good to have abn update and well done for keeping him an ifeal dog.

Suggested Topics