• http://springfield.craigslist.org/pet/2053935582.html

comm-rm2hh-2053935582@craigslist.org
    The Ad reads:

Basenji dogs need a fenced yard, do not bark, have a very low odor, and don't have a shedding cycle. Our Male Basenji is named Duke and is about 6 yrs old and has been neutered. Duke needs a "Dog Whisper" to take the time to get to know him. Our Female is named Starr about 5yrs old and she was adopted out and the owner let her get loose and she was injured and lost any eye. She was returned to us and we had surgery on her eye and she is doing great. Both are beautiful dogs and very loving they just need some TLC and patience. They were both rescued in 2008 from a puppy mill that was hit by a tornado. We are asking for a pet deposit of $50.00 that will be returned to you after a period of adjustment. We don't want our babies to go to the wrong homes or to animal testing or abused in anyway. We are offering a LIFETIME Return option, no questions asked. Both are current on shots.

attachment_t_10185_0_1-springfield.jpg
    attachment_t_10185_1_2-springfield-mo.jpg
    attachment_t_10185_2_3-springfield.jpg

• Why do you suppose one is wearing a muzzle?

• They sound like very caring people to have rescued them from a puppy mill. They followed through on the unsuccessful adoption of the female and offer a lifetime guarantee. The male probably needs a knowldgeable person to work with him. He's probably just more than they can handle. Would BRAT be able to help them?

• I have contacted BRAT. I do have to tell you that BRAT has had a lot of b's coming into rescue. We need folks to step up to foster.
    Please, if you have ever considered it, go to the BRAT site, www.basenjirescue.org and
    fill out a foster form.
    Sometimes we just don't have any place to put one more dog! sigh.

• I would love to foster but since BRAT won't let me adopt I doubt they would let me foster.
    I also have considered rescuing a dog every now and then on my own but I live on a retirement income so I really can't afford the extra veterinary costs. Being retired gives me more time than money. So I've decided the best I can do is volunteer at the animal shelter. Unfortunately the closest shelter I live to doesn't allow volunteers so I can only help at one that is twice the distance when I need to go into the city.

• @yodel4me:

I would love to foster but since BRAT won't let me adopt I doubt they would let me foster.

Can you tell me why BRAT won't let you adopt? You can PM me, if you wish.

I haven't filled out the adoption form yet, but we are looking (online) at a couple of Basenjis available from BRAT. Since we are experienced Basenji owners, I wouldn't think there would be a problem, but…..?

• Sigh, I was all ready to bring a BRAT dog home to foster til he tried to eat Cara. I cannot risk aggression here, so transport is most of what I can do for now.

• @yodel4me:

I would love to foster but since BRAT won't let me adopt I doubt they would let me foster.
    I also have considered rescuing a dog every now and then on my own but I live on a retirement income so I really can't afford the extra veterinary costs. Being retired gives me more time than money. So I've decided the best I can do is volunteer at the animal shelter. Unfortunately the closest shelter I live to doesn't allow volunteers so I can only help at one that is twice the distance when I need to go into the city.

I'm BRAT's Basenji mix coordinator, would you ever consider fostering a mix? You can e-mail me at: giza1@wildroseinternet.ca
    -Joanne

Suggested Topics