• Anyone got any ideas on this…

Every time i take Maya to my mums house she will pee in her hallway. This is EVERY time, without fail, unless i carry her through the hall each time i take her around the house. She is impeccibly clean in my house, and any other house she visits, she only does it at my mums 😕 The carpets are all brand new so dont have any doggie smell on them at all (the dogs only have access to the conservatory and kitchen as the house is currently for sale) that might be encouraging it...

Anyone? 😕

• I would have to say that she is trying to claim the house as hers…. sounds to me like marking.... and it could be that because they are new, she wants her smell on those carpets.

• Has your b had a cheek swab done for fanconi?

• @sharronhurlbut:

Has your b had a cheek swab done for fanconi?

I am pretty sure that she has and is clear, her sire and dam are Clear and she says only in her Mom's house… to me that is clearly marking

• I would say that Maya is taking a break from being a princess, and being a little git instead :D- it sounds like marking out her territory to me.

When Dyna was in season we sent her down to my mums to stay, and peeing on the rug was the very first thing she did - something she never does at home - obviously just trying to put her stamp on a new household.

I bet your mum is pleased to see you arrive with her - especially if the house is up for sale!

• Sounds like marking to me too, and once done, her odor is there. Not sure what products available in the UK, but you need an enzyme eating product to truly remove her scent from where she peed before.

• I use a spray with pure white vinegar - helps to prevent a stain and is a cheap way of removing the smell. Naughty Maya but very Baseni typical!!! She is obviously not trying to endear herself to your mother!!

• The marking thing did cross my mind, but she's such an angel i wouldnt have thought she'd do that!! She hates my mum and my mum hates her so maybe thats why!!

And you're halfway there with the "little git" comment Scott, my mum certainly uses a very similar word to describe Maya 😃 lol

• Ooh, and yes she has been tested clear for fanconi 🙂

• @Maya:

The marking thing did cross my mind, but she's such an angel i wouldnt have thought she'd do that!! She hates my mum and my mum hates her so maybe thats why!!

And you're halfway there with the "little git" comment Scott, my mum certainly uses a very similar word to describe Maya 😃 lol

I would totally say in that case this is "marking"…...

• if the white vinegar doesnt work try Cromessol spray - they have a stand at most shows - i always keep spray bottles of it in the house, especially with oldies/pups about.

• LOL long ago I had a chow and roommate. The roommate did not like the chow and yelled at her. She came home to find the chow had gotten into her laundry basket and pooped. My roommate was smart. She began being nice to the chow. It's like the AA saying, fake it til you make it. She eventually bonded with her.

Suggested Topics