• A question for my friends in the USA,
    at the moment there are a lot of Pumpkins around and i would like to try Malaika with it, is it better for her cooked or raw?
    thanks in anticipation

• I feed it raw to my guys.

• Thanks Star,
    do you know if you can freeze it raw ?

• I use cooked, steamed or roasted.

• Shelley - I decided to get as many pumpkins as I can while they're available (in fact I was tempted to ask for the ones at Midland Counties show where they were in most of the rings!!). I'm cooking and freezing them as I'm not sure how they would freeze raw. I have to keep giving mine raw pieces while I'm preparing them for steaming - they love them!

• I have frozen cooked mashed pumpkin and never had any problems (including using it in my own cooking).

• @Patty:

Shelley - I decided to get as many pumpkins as I can while they're available (in fact I was tempted to ask for the ones at Midland Counties show where they were in most of the rings!!). I'm cooking and freezing them as I'm not sure how they would freeze raw. I have to keep giving mine raw pieces while I'm preparing them for steaming - they love them!

Lol, this is what i am doing, getting them whilst i can.
    Malaika had some little chunks raw last night and i am going to cook and freeze the rest.
    She actualy helped herself to the lantern lid 😃

• Thank you to everyone for your help

Suggested Topics