• Wow I thought I heard the breeder was willing to take her back so why a shelter?

• Whatever is the story, this basenji girl needs to be fixed before she is rehome.
    Many areas and humane societys have low cost spay neuter for folks on limited incomes.

• i dont know who the breeder is i bought her from a girl when she was a pup. The girl had no information to give me about her what so ever. believe me i asked

• First Basenji's

Dear LadyTiger, I am interested. My husband and I lost our Buddy two weeks ago, and I was looking to announce it on the forum and discharge myself from the group. My husband wanted to get another B, and I am hesitant as Buddy was the best. From all I read about B's, and the Vet's office said he was the best at the office out of 5 in the practice, my neighbors loved him like a 'nephew'(long story) and she is not red and white so she would not be a replacement….....It has only been three weeks and I am still grieving. Where are you located???? I am a trainer and understand the work you have put into her for her to be such a good girl....

• First Basenji's

PS: she would be spayed…

• Hi Buddy's Pal… I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your Buddy. No matter what, you are NEVER discharged from the basenji forum (if I could insert a heart here, I would :)). Regardless, I hope things work out well for you. If the NY Lady Tiger/Seqouia doesn't work out, there are several "feral" basenjis that are closer to us in Florida. Did you see the video that Debra Down South posted of the Wimauma dogs with Pam? That may be an interesting experiment for a basenji trainer. ⭕D

My kids tell me, perhaps in jest, that I love our basenjis more than humans. I don't see that as such a bad thing. 🙂 😕 😕 🙂

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm so glad that Buddy left such a wonderful imprint on your heart that you are ready for another b!

• Lady Tiger - any reputable Basenji breeder would have the condition in the contract that should you as an owner find you can longer keep the basenji it will be returned to the breeder. Basenji is not a breed that should be sold to just anyone. The breeder is best able to vet prospective homes.
    My recommendation is to contact the breeder and return the dog. You will not get any money - but what is more important the dog's next home or your pocket book. If you do care about her and it sounds like you do - she should have a chance to be happy in her next home.

• @Lady:

i dont know who the breeder is i bought her from a girl when she was a pup. The girl had no information to give me about her what so ever. believe me i asked

The breeder is unknown.

Hopefully, Lady Tiger has found some contacts here that will be the best for Sequoia- several people that presumably know about basenjis have expressed interest. I hope that there is a happy ending soon. 🙂

• Please relinquish your girl to BRAT. I dont always agree with this organization however with your situation it is the only right decision.

• @TwinPeaks:

Please relinquish your girl to BRAT. I dont always agree with this organization however with your situation it is the only right decision.

Not really relevant to thread, but what don't you agree with BRAT about?

• For Buddy's Pal: In the St. Pete paper for last several days, 2 year old male basenji, I think 'free to good home', have a look if you are near here. Might be a re-homing fee, I can't remember.

Suggested Topics