• Batman is a riot - what a cute little thing he is! And of course Nayru is beautiful, as is to be expected - they are all beautiful.

• I'm really impressed by Nayru's behaviour with Batman. He stole her bone out of her crate. She didn't even snark. Just waited until he was distracted then retrieved her bone. He's a bone burier. πŸ™‚ She will warn him off certain toys but he just goes for a different toy.

On the leash it's a different story. She's very ruff-up and snarky when she sees another dog on a leash. We will work on that behaviour.

• More lovely pictures. Yes we have the half closed look here - I always think that they're feeling contented.

Nayru has certainly settled well with Batman - she possibly has lived with smaller dogs before, do you think? I laughed at Batman being able to walk under Nayru's legs. Reminds me of my Basenjis under their 'sister' Koyu (Anatolian Kangal).

• Patty, I think she must have. I know she got on well with the other foster Basenji. It broke my heart to have to leave him. He's been singing and sniveling (per his foster mom) now that she's gone. I wish I could have taken them both. Trey is a really handsome young tri boy. I hope he finds his forever home soon.

• She is lovely. Wow, her half collar is like Sayblee's. Any idea of the parentage on her? LOL, glad she is teaching that boy some manners!

• Debra, no clue on her parentage. I wish I did know just for curiosity's sake. πŸ™‚

• Today Nayru went for a run. Don't worry! She was firmly attached to a leash and a runner. But not me. I found this person here in Austin who will take your dog for a 30 minute run. I have signed up for two weeks. It's only 1 run a week but that with the 3-5 short walks a day should help with Nayru's girlish figure.

Really liked the woman too. She asked good questions. She used to have a client with a Pharoah Hound. Told me a story of how she thought all was well until he saw a rabbit. Took her down! πŸ™‚ She says she's more aware of wildlife when running/walking a sighthound. I laughed.

• Yes, the run will keep Nayru toned - where's Batman when she goes? - how about a little trailer?!!!!

• For safety they only run with one dog at a time. They will walk two though. Batman doesn't need the run. Keeping up with Nayru in the house is his run. His little short legs have to do 3x the work! lol.

Batman and I will use that as some training/love time. πŸ™‚

• A few new pictures of Nayru and Batman. I found my digital camera so the pictures are better than the others.

Nayru has pulled the afghan down and they are napping.

Apparently Batman has done something inappropriate? He's sound asleep at this point.

Batman does his "Who me?" wake up yawn, while Nayru tries to figure out where THAT SMELL came from.

Batman just got neutered yesterday as well as two baby teeth pulled. Thes pics are from a few days ago.

Sorry about the size. I thought I'd sized them down. 😞

• Oh! I meant to mention that when they are walking, Batman's tail double curls. It always looped over but now it's got an extra kink to it. I think he is modeling Nayru's donut. πŸ™‚

• First Basenji's

So nice to have someone to cuddle with as the months get colder… even if one has to put up with stinky post-nap breath. πŸ™‚

• They look so cute and happy together!! And Batman has a very shiny coat! Lovely pics πŸ™‚

• Batman is excessively shiny, isn't he? πŸ™‚ They both get Missing Link every night. Batty adores Nayru. She will play with him which makes him happy. I got a picture of his tail all coiled up.

He's always made weird noises when playing but does it more now with Nayru. He does bark (working on curbing that) but prefers vocalizations. I keep calling him Nayru's shadow.

• Sigh… Arwen not only had I seen this thread but commented. At least I remember the post so my mind isn't completely gone...

But it is obviously partially gone. Really. Last week I called my gf to confess I had bought my husband a bd gift, I remember thinking "I'll put it here, he won't notice it." Sadly not ONLY could I not recall where "HERE" was, but not what I bought. I actually looked in the fridge, freezers, all over. I finally found it when looking for something else, but it's really disturbing. Anyway, lovely pics πŸ™‚

• LOL. Debra, I thought I was losing MY mind because I thought you'd said something here. Grin. She's my beauty alright.

• Just a quick update on Miss Nayru. Finally did the monthly strip test (kept forgetting to grab a strip). She's negative at this point. I'll be doing a DNA on her as soon as I get $65 ahead. It's important to me. My neighbors are probably going to video and YouTube me trying to get her to pee while I chase her moving butt with a test strip though. LOL

She's settling in beautifully. I can't remember not having her warm butt crowding me over the edge of the bed. πŸ™‚ It's like I've always had to hang off the edge.

She and Batman do very well as well. They have their moments where Batman is a 6 month old obnoxious brat and Nayru had to pull out her impression of a snarking 5th grade math teacher. She takes Batty to school and he subsides–for that fifteen minutes. She will play with him when she's ready though. He just has to learn to respect her down times.

• It's good to hear how Miss Nayru and Batman are doing.
    If you think about it you spend life hanging off the edge when you have a Basenji πŸ˜ƒ

• @thunderbird8588:

It's good to hear how Miss Nayru and Batman are doing.
    If you think about it you spend life hanging off the edge when you have a Basenji πŸ˜ƒ

Good point! πŸ™‚

• Good to have moer news of Miss Nayru and Batman. They obviously have the measure of each other now.

Suggested Topics