• I take my Basenjis into the foothills to run off lead. This is outside city limits and most trails don't allow motorised vehicles, so no worries about cars, the occasional motorcycle, but they are courteous and slow down around people and pets. I worry more about hungry coyotes and cougars.

I was walking down the trail with Channayn (RIP 1991-2006) and Moses, still among the living (10 now), and there were some picnicers. They had a whole spread laid out. Channayn and Moses caught sent of it and stopped. I swear they were plotting on how to get a free lunch. They were sniffing and looking at each other and sniffing some more. They gave each other one final glance and took off.

I just kept walking. I just pretending I was a lone hiker and I had no affilation with the 2 rogues. I disappered into the forest and a few seconds later I heard where the f***? what happened to the f*****?

I finally caught up with Channayn and Moses in a clearing and they were dividing up the spoils. There were meats, cheeses and crackers all over the clearing. They looked at me proud of themselves for such a hijacking.

After they had their fill, we went on with our hike.

• @mahendra_suri:

I just kept walking. I just pretending I was a lone hiker and I had no affilation with the 2 rogues. I disappered into the forest and a few seconds later I heard where the f***? what happened to the f*****?

Good call.:D ๐Ÿ˜ƒ ๐Ÿ˜ƒ ๐Ÿ˜ƒ ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• haha! I can just see it now. "Who them? I don't know them, never saw them before."

Suggested Topics