• We will be bringing home our first B (hopefully thats the right way to say Basenji in the forum) on Saturday morning. She is 1 yr old and she was just surrendered at a no kill shelter here in Wisconsin. We dont have any other dogs but fell in love (cautiously after browsing the forums) with Chloe (soon to be Mowgli, fingers crossed). I have found some amazing help already from a lady associated with the Southwestern Wisconsin Basenji Club, but am always looking for more advise. Any suggestions are welcomed. Thanks all. I think we will see (chat) a lot with each other.

• Congrads on saving Chloe (Mowgli)…. one suggestion is that you DNA test her for Fanconi for your own piece of mind. Learn about Fanconi and test (it is an easy cheek swab for 65.00) at www.basenjihealth.org or search the Forum for information about Fanconi

• Welcome to the forum and congratulations on gettin Mowgli. I bet you can't wait untill sat. You will find lots of info , advice and hopefully friendship on here.

• Welcome to the forum. Oh how I envy you! I am still waiting for my first basenji. I know you will have many years of happiness, craziness and much love with Mowgli. And of course when you get her, we insist you post pictures of her. We love pictures here. 🙂

• @Mowgli:

We will be bringing home our first B (hopefully thats the right way to say Basenji in the forum) on Saturday morning. She is 1 yr old and she was just surrendered at a no kill shelter here in Wisconsin. We dont have any other dogs but fell in love (cautiously after browsing the forums) with Chloe (soon to be Mowgli, fingers crossed). I have found some amazing help already from a lady associated with the Southwestern Wisconsin Basenji Club, but am always looking for more advise. Any suggestions are welcomed. Thanks all. I think we will see (chat) a lot with each other.

I saw her on petfinder through another thread. She is a very good looking girl. Make it a point to give her treats whenever you catch her being good. My dogs get lots of treats! They learn quickly behaving is fun.

Suggested Topics